Exclusive Cavalex OO BBA and BLA Wagon Packs

Oliver Rails

BBA.jpg.32680c120625002893e5f60543661cd1.jpg

We are pleased to announce that in partnership with Cavalex models we will be producing three exclusive OO gauge BLA two exclusive BBA bogie steel wagon packs

Each pack will contain three wagons, each with a unique running number. 

Each pack will contain wagon variations such as Railfreight logo and other livery elements, for example; logo or no logo, not to be loose shunted text alignment, position of elements and the aforementioned Railfreight logo size and style. The wagons also had three types of Data panels, all three will be replicated on our models.

More details of the specific contents of each pack will follow shortly. Currently we have listed just one pack of each. Should you pre-order now, we will contact you once the packs have been finalised to see which version you would like to order.

The set of three wagons are priced at £135.00

CADs have been completed and tooling we commence very shortly.
Models are expected to arrive early 2020.

CLICK HERE FORE MORE DETAILS

The BLA wagons were converted the BBA in 1994 and used predominately in South Wales before seeing use to the Midlands and North East of England. These too ran in block trains and were also mixed with other wagon types.

A 3D printed model of the BLA can be seen this weekend of the DEMU Showcase exhibition.
(Cavalex Stand)

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Oliver Rails said:

Hi. No payment is taken until the product is in stock and ready for despatch. 

Thanks

Oh ok thanks, I didn't see that when I tried the checkout earlier and it looked like it was going to charge me there and then. I'll have another look tomorrow 

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The wagons have gorgeous detail, especially the pipe work underneath & the wheels/bogies thus great job from Cavalex & Rails for bringing in these BLA exclusive editions, so glad I got 2 packs :good:

Now just a bit of feedback on the packaging type used, very stiff and difficult to pry apart with the thought of the wagon flying out and in the first photo below that plastic bit underneath the wagon in the middle comes out with the wagon as it has two prongs that go into one side of the wagon where there is no pipe work present but it is quite tight hence the care needed when trying to take it out but anyone with these wagons just be careful when removing it from the packaging.

I think a simple ice cube as used elsewhere would suffice, I find this type of packaging a bit problematic and fiddly requiring a bit more care when removing the wagon due to the tightness and also putting it back in you have to be careful, like I said just a bit of feedback.

20200909_162055_HDR_LI.jpg

20200909_162134_HDR_LI.jpg

Edited by classy52
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Oliver Rails said:

We have a small allocation of our triple packs that were held as reserved stock which we can now offer for sale!

This is the last stock available and it is literally a handful of each version. Don't delay, order today before its too late.

CLICK HERE

Thanks Oliver - and duly ordered :-)

Roy

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Oliver Rails said:

We have a small allocation of our triple packs that were held as reserved stock which we can now offer for sale!

This is the last stock available and it is literally a handful of each version. Don't delay, order today before its too late.

CLICK HERE

Fabulous!! and I'll have one of each of the BBA packs!

• Thanks 1

I contacted Rails yesterday, as having seen Oliver Rails message I was concerned that my pre order was unprocessed. I'd ordered the BLA pack 'A'. I was told this set had only just arrived with Rails yesterday, so if anyone is waiting for this set, it's just arrived and my order was processed and posted yesterday.

On 14/09/2020 at 09:24, Oliver Rails said:

CLICK HERE

Thanks for this, just ordered all 3 triple packs! Can’t wait to receive them.

• Like 1

Yep wanted BLA Pack A but it wasn't around the other week when I ordered Packs B & C, thought I had missed out on Pack A which is now ordered but wished it was around when I ordered the other 2 packs save me the double postage.

Now glad to have all 3 BLA Packs to go with my pre-ordered Accurascale JSA's but not particularly happy with the recent availability lottery around these packs.

Also don't understand why when choosing Paypal when ordering from Rails why it doesn't pick up my preferred option of PayPal Credit as it processed without giving me the option for it, happened on both these BLA orders thus preventing me from spreading the cost...will contact Rails directly to find out why.

Edited by classy52

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, classy52 said:

Yep wanted BLA Pack A but it wasn't around the other week when I ordered Packs B & C, thought I had missed out on Pack A which is now ordered but wished it was around when I ordered the other 2 packs save me the double postage.

Now glad to have all 3 BLA Packs to go with my pre-ordered Accurascale JSA's but not particularly happy with the recent availability lottery around these packs.

Rails can’t sell what is already pre-sold and it is not their fault that either some people didn’t follow through or they kept back some in case of faulty returns. Not sure what else you expect them to do?

It is not uncommon for a few sold out items to become available across model shops in general. 

Edit: I also paid two lots of postage, but I am just glad of the chance to get some that I thought I had missed out on. 

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
Typos - too old to learn to type now ;-)
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Rails can’t sell what is already pre-sold and ir is not their fault that either some people didn’t follow through or they kept back some in case of faulty returns. Not sure what else you expect them to so?

It is not uncommon for a few sold out items to become available across model shops in general. 

Roy

Yes fair enough...the Paypal thing has annoyed me more too be honest but moving on what done is done and agree with you glad I've now got all 3 packs.

Edited by classy52

Rails will have ordered a production run of a set amount of each pack, if one sells out to pre-orders then its sold and they wont alter production quantities. If people are buying just 1 or 2 packs then there might have been more that went for pack A as the first option rather than an even spread across all 3. Cant really blame Rails or Cavalex, just get your order in quicker next time while they're all available! ... ;)

I similarly had been kicking myself at not placing an order for the Rails BBAs, but got lucky as a few became available there!

Just a heads up for everyone who has ordered the BLA Packs, please check your running numbers within each pack to make sure they are linked to the pack you ordered.

I have just checked my Packs B & C and they appear to be muddled up as one of my packs has 2 wagons from Pack A which I haven't received yet.

But now I'm utterly confused because in my other pack it contains running numbers that don't match the product description from the Rails website.

Now each box doesn't say anywhere whether its Pack B or Pack C but this what I have in each triple pack;

1st Pack

910325 (???)

910059 (???)

910374 (???)

2nd Pack

910259 (belongs to Pack B)

910197 (belongs to Pack A)

910232 (belongs to Pack A)

Now the 1st Pack has wagon running numbers that are completely different to what is advertised, the 2nd Pack is completely wrong going by the running numbers.

As advertised:

Pack A Running Numbers: 910197 / 910232 / 910256

Pack B Running Numbers: 910259 / 910558 / 910177

Pack C Running Numbers: 910254 / 910319 / 910280

Now it gets worse, I received x2 910325 wagons with one coming in a differently labelled box (label is for 910374)

I'l be emailing this to Rails but does anyone else have this issue?

Hi Rails,

You may have a distribution issue with these BLA wagon packs unless I'm a one-off?

Edited by classy52
  • Informative/Useful 1