OO MOD KFA/PFB Warflat - Exclusive to Trains4U

Trains4U

Great choice. So many great new announcements recently, my bank account can't keep up with 'em! thankfully some are outside my area/interest. But these would be a nice addition to the stock.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SouthernMafia said:

Excellent announcement, missed the Hattons warwells waiting for the Oxford ones so these will be a nice replacement.

I spoke with Richard from Hatton's today - I did suggest that he may want to re-run some modern Warwells before next Autumn... :)

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Trains4U said:

I spoke with Richard from Hatton's today - I did suggest that he may want to re-run some modern Warwells before next Autumn... :)

With OO scale bogies?

Refurbished widened decks?

• Agree 1

finn.gif

This is amazing news!

I will be having a good chunk of these to go with the other MoD stuff. Excellent choice Trains4U and Cavalex!

("All" we need now is the proper MoD PFA container wagons!)

Edited by Tugs
moved image/text order
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tugs said:

This is amazing news!

I will be having a good chunk of these to go with the other MoD stuff. Excellent choice Cavalex!

("All" we need now is the proper MoD PFA container wagons!)

finn.gif

The wagons are available from Wild Boar Fell as 3D Prints (Via Shapeways). What's needed is a good 20' Side Door container to put on it.

Ian_B

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ian_B said:

The wagons are available from Wild Boar Fell as 3D Prints (Via Shapeways). What's needed is a good 20' Side Door container to put on it.

Ian_B

Or from Scale Model Scenery - laser cut. https://www.scalemodelscenery.co.uk/lx177-oo-mod-20ft-side-opening-shipping-container-kit-pack-of-2-oo4mm176-1858-p.asp

Edited by Melly
  • Like 2

A set of finished (painted and numbered containers from (for example) C Rail would be nice. WBF's containers have the rough surface of 3D Printed items and SMS have to be assembled (not hard) painted and numbered

Ian B

• Informative/Useful 1

13 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Arran has said several times the figures don’t add up for MOD containers for C-Rail to do them. ;)

He'd be the one to understand the cost/return ratio, but it won't stop me and others wishing someone did them to Arrans level of quality so we could stick them on Hornby's KFA container wagon or WBF's PFA.

Ian

• Agree 3

On 03/06/2019 at 08:53, Ian_B said:

He'd be the one to understand the cost/return ratio, but it won't stop me and others wishing someone did them to Arrans level of quality so we could stick them on Hornby's KFA container wagon or WBF's PFA.

Ian

Really  the Hornby PFA/KFA wants backdating to the original batch with Gloucester bogies for MoD traffic!

Mark Saunders

• Agree 1

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 10:42, ruggedpeak said:

A chance to repost one of my fave youtube vids....

WMIK's on Warflats...

Most of that train is WARWELLS with only the wagons loaded with Landrovers on WARFLATS.

Ian_B

Edited by Ian_B
  • Agree 1