OO MOD KFA/PFB Warflat - Exclusive to Trains4U

Trains4U

On 04/06/2020 at 20:03, Temeraire said:

Hi Alex

Can’t wait to get mine too! Colour looks good have you paired it with the warwell to compare?

Good evening Ian,

I think you will like them!!

Yes the colour looks spot on. Not yet I haven't, unfortunately I do not have any of the Warwells so will try and source one to compare the colours.

• Like 1

On 04/06/2020 at 19:24, Grimleygrid said:

1008697315_KFAEP1.jpg.2d1c0d5990d5066cd0190cd25a2deb3b.jpg

We are delighted to showcase the first EP sample of our forthcoming KFA/PFB Warflat wagon in conjunction with Trains4U. We are really pleased with how they’ve come out, albeit the first samples out of the mould so there are some minor tweaks to be made. We requested the sample to be painted into the correct green for the wagon, in order for us to assess the colours to be used on the final production models. We cannot wait to see the fully painted samples in the coming months!

Pre-orders are being taken at http://www.trains4u.com/

The wagons are expected to arrive later this year and are priced at £35 each

Going to have to fit some tiedowns somehow.

Ian_B

On 04/06/2020 at 19:24, Grimleygrid said:

We are delighted to showcase the first EP sample of our forthcoming KFA/PFB Warflat wagon in conjunction with Trains4U

Looking good chaps! Can't wait to have a rake (or two, or three...) rolling on the metals... Now to source and build some CVR(T)s and Landrovers to go on them!

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, hmrspaul said:

Why no TOPS number plate? Not a livery I'm familiar with, the original green with yellow end. 

Paul

Not all of them carried the TOPS plate.

it is one of the snags picked up. These will be printed on the PFBs and a selection of the KFAs

• Informative/Useful 4

15 hours ago, Trains4U said:

Not all of them carried the TOPS plate.

it is one of the snags picked up. These will be printed on the PFBs and a selection of the KFAs

95234 had one at least when in the original paint finish. https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/modawarflatpfb/ee7f9eaf6

I wonder if it was damaged? Did this livery version retain the number on the end as they originally had? https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/modawarflatpfb/ee7f9b7a2

Nice looking model. 

Paul

• Informative/Useful 1

• 4 weeks later...

KFA/PFB Warflat project update - August 2020

We have received updated painted samples of our 4mm KFA/PFB Warflat, exclusive to Trains4U

IMG_6116.jpg.9225b27a6e0a7a62664ea0bdb6900ffb.jpg

IMG_6111.jpg.11574be2ffe617a647717e51b7262d86.jpg

IMG_6350.jpg.9765359a0b89a38a2c9f7d8b74103b69.jpg

IMG_6355.jpg.6e621967ea1a41f21df6fcbbb2ecdcb0.jpg

More photos can be found on our website, link below:

https://www.cavalexmodels.com/kfa-update-august-2020

We are really pleased with how they are progressing.  

Please visit www.Trains4U.com for more information, where pre-orders are being taken. 

• Like 15
  • Round of applause 1

What would be the most appropriate readily available load for the KFA in the early 21st Century? 

I'm assuming that the Military Land Rover Defender (https://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/collections/1-76/products/land-rover-defender-military-76def003) is the only thing that is suitable from the Oxford Diecast range for a post 2000 layout.

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Dungrange said:

What would be the most appropriate readily available load for the KFA in the early 21st Century? 

I'm assuming that the Military Land Rover is the only thing that is suitable from the Oxford Diecast range for a post 2000 layout.

Ready to go yes but plenty of simple resin kits for fv432’s and Scimitars in 1/76 in the threads on the Warwells and military trains :) 

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of the Hattons 1990s Warwells with TOPS code KWB. I'd like to get some of these Warflats to go with them but I'm not sure which version I should choose? PFB or KFA? I believe these flat wagons were coded KFB in between PFB and KFA (I assume not for long though?) so should I be waiting for a release in that guise?

• RMweb Gold

As the first page the transition was in the mid 90’s so it depends more when your layout is set for mixing them. If it’s late 90’s then the KFA with earlier warwells still not repainted is feasible. If it’s mid 90’s maybe a couple of KFA and a PFB or PFB’s in the early 90’s. They wouldn’t all be repainted in one go as it would get done as maintenance was scheduled. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I’m going to finish my two.....but they look rough as dogs next to these - I may well as for some cavalex ones for xmas to make a reasonable Ashchurch bound train behind my RFD 47 or EWS 37/66.

I’ve plenty of scimitars , 432s and landrovers to go on them .

I'm surprised you didn’t do a tie in to produce some loads ?

B1BB882A-D546-41C2-81C0-B10DA631ECD3.jpeg

Edited by rob D2
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

im preparing a detailed update 

I had originally intended for these to appear in time for Warley 

however given the shows have been cancelled we took the opportunity to spend a bit more time on livery and decoration variations, and there were a couple of production niggles to be ironed out.

The parts have all been cast, etched and moulded  and are ready to be painted and assembled 

final proofs should be produced next week and then assembly can start.

We now expect them to be shipped shortly after Christmas.

a detailed update will be coming very soon.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/06/2020 at 17:53, slg said:

Guess what another wagon I thought I'd never seen then. 

1885220221_eastleigh42.png.54d6feee1f4d637040b7d36d5cf0c854.png

Going to have save up even more now!

Those are presumably at Eastleigh having come up from unloading at Wool?

Did you take any photos of the other train with tanks and vans going away? are the vans in use as barriers etween different types of tanker going to Fawley?

My interest has suddenly appeared when I found this photo online of the Dorset coast Speedlink crossing Holes Bay causeway having just passed through Hamworthy with the Furzebrook clay tigers a warwell, and 3 warflats - have I correctly identified the load as Scimitar/Scorpion? and I guess the follow up question - what's the best source of a kit for the those?

http://www.cornwallrailwaysociety.org.uk/uploads/7/6/8/3/7683812/poole-causeway-2-a-close-up-of-the-class-47-hauling-two-clay-wagons-and-five-tanks-22nd-may-1989-copyright-roger-winnen_orig.jpg

Thanks

Jon

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1