OO MOD KFA/PFB Warflat - Exclusive to Trains4U

Trains4U

• RMweb Premium

I had a phone call on Thursday saying these were due imminently, and was only too pleased to part with the money for my order.

My LandRovers have been patiently waiting for a place to call home.....:D

Cheers,

Phil.

• Like 2

Has anyone received theirs yet?

I’ve been anxiously refreshing RMWeb every few minutes to see if there’s any feedback.

(apologies if I’m causing server performance degradation)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Nothing yet but am at work atm, hopefully they’ve left it round the back at home if it has arrived.

Did receive a text from “Royal Mail” last night saying I have a parcel due but it has a £2.49 shipping fee - scam and delete! :scratchhead:

Hi Everyone,

Just came home from work to a very well packed parcel of Cavalex KFA’s from Trains4U. I originally ordered 4 but added a couple more after seeing the superb painted samples. I had a friendly call the other day for payment and added on several packs of the 3D printed Choks too.

I know the quality that Alex and Cav strive for and these KFA’s are another superb wagon from them. They come in very neat sized boxes, perfect for these wagons. The level of detail is to the high standards set by Cavalex, fine piepwork, brake disks, underneath. The end Jacks and end corner chain links are nicely done and the buffer shanks are detailed right down to the OLEO lettering. 

I’m really glad I ordered the Choks too. Neatly done and painted they are good value for money.

Well done to Cavalex and Trains4U for bringing us these wagons. Need to get on with the resin vehicles to load them.

Thanks

Mark

5447E101-1F3B-41FD-AC8C-05B911F52D62.jpeg

1705324D-5C72-4A95-A4D2-54A6AFB6C400.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

8 hours ago, Trains4U said:

Has anyone received theirs yet?

I haven't been asked to pay for mine yet!  I assume that you're still working through the list of pre-orders sending out e-mails looking for payment?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

My three have just arrived - no time to play yet as in a meeting :-(

Roy

I unfortunately can go one better - they’re at my local sorting office as we didn’t hear the postman!! 

Really looking forward to collecting them in the morning though - the pictures I’ve seen posted look great. 

Edited by andypops
Clarity
  • Like 1

Mine arrived today, taken in by a neighbour! Was really taken aback at how small their boxes were - gotten too used to the ever increasing box sizes! It still feels safe and secure though! 

had a brief look at one tonight and it looks fantastic! Can’t wait to get them out properly to have a look at! Great looking Model! Well done! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Got back today after a few days away and Postie had been and left a package in our ‘safe place’.

A very nice model indeed, so a few quick pics with some Military Land Rovers in situ, I may have to get a pack of wheel chocks as well:

487737BA-4D9F-4BE1-B250-A1F6E33E3C86.jpeg.97382f728d2eba818f8a39be359efcd1.jpeg

B90D6816-5D00-43C6-879E-275BB2B80071.jpeg.b914ed59265c46bc2a98ed7541f9a995.jpeg

Even though I’m ex RAF, I do let the other Services get a look in! :D

Edited by Banger Blue
Delete surplus picture.
  • Like 10

On 23/06/2021 at 19:37, Trains4U said:

I have a few pre production models to play with.

someone mentioned the Scunthorpe steelworks internal user wagons.

here is my work in progress 

10BD305C-5BEA-469B-9A99-B25575C533C0.jpeg.06f4265c40e1dd419717620936128756.jpeg

I look forward to seeing it finished as it is what I was thinking of as a project for the future!

My parcel arrived this morning, very well packed and has already been said, the wagon packaging is very neat. The wagons are superb and have certainly been worth the wait, top marks to Trains4U and Cavalex. These are my 2nd Cavalex product after the excellent BBA and i'm now looking forward to the PHA and CDA.

IMG_2362.jpg

• Like 9
  • Agree 1

Mine hit the layout last night. They came straight from the box, had KD#19s fitted (I have feeling #18s would have worked if I had any stock), passed the coupling height check and into perfect operation with no fettling required. Why do I mention this - because this almost never happens! Fantastic model and spot on with NEM coupling standards. Oh and I agree on the boxes too - exactly fit for purpose.

M

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

My 4 beauties were delivered this morning. Thank you to everyone who was involved in this project. These are gorgeous. Last shot is with my Genesis kit.

20210626_140045.jpg

20210626_140041.jpg

20210626_140029.jpg

20210626_140023.jpg

20210626_140034.jpg

Edited by TRAILRAGE
  • Like 6

Getting very jealous now! Watching the postman like a hawk when he arrives every day. Hopefully not much longer to wait...

They look gorgeous in the photos people have been posting, I'm sure they look immeasurably better in the flesh!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1