South Devon Main Line (1987 to 1992)

JLUK144

Remember also, that if you do get the loco hauled Mk3s out for a summer Saturday extra, they do not necessarily have to have a long range 47 in charge. 

A pair of 31s will do just as well. This is circa 1991 - sorry no details at all on the originals. 

2019-06-26-0002.jpg.b5e5cb5c4cf33366364fc39f4eb90741.jpg

And don't worry if you cannot afford the cost of a full length HST in one go. Just stick a 47 on the front of what you have got and... Hey Presto! An additional working to Laira. 

572662783_47517hstpartteignmouth1992.jpg.f0a1f318782106e1ce04f90b6ef61970.jpg

• Like 5

Cracking photos of a cracking line. 

We used to have our summer holidays in Teignmouth in the early 80s. My interest in railways started in the Summer of 1984 whilst there. One of my earliest railway memories is of large logo 50003 Temeraire coming through platform 2 full chat. Magic. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for delay in replying. The thread became lost in the rapid turnover of more popular ones. 

The photos I posted above were not taken by me. I bought a collection of negatives online, and a large number were taken at Teignmouth. Unfortunately, I don't know the same of the photographer, but I think he must have lived locally because almost all of the photos are loco hauled services and hardly any HSTs, as if he had a detailed knowledge of which services would produce certain loco classes. 

That was a rather roundabout way of saying I do not know any of the staff on the stations along that part of the coast, unfortunately.