Bachmann 1F detailing parts

Does anyone own the Bachmann Midland 1F (31-434)?

I am fitting the detailing parts, included are x2 cosmetic couplings, a shovel, tarpaulin and x2 steam heat hoses.  In the instructions included it points out where the vacuum hoses as well as the steam heat hoses should be located.  However I don't appear to have the vacuum hoses.  The pack of parts did come sealed so I don't think any have fallen out.  Trying to establish whether a pair of vac hoses should have been included if owners of this model can help.

Thanks in advance

Mark 

• RMweb Gold

The model in question, 41803, isn't fitted with vacuum train brake, it doesn't have a vacuum ejector which would be mounted on the right hand side of the boiler/smokebox. I understand that only the full cab 1F models are fitted the an ejector, so the absence of vac pipes would be correct for the half cab models although I'm not sure why steam pipes are included.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mark,

The Bachmann 1F seems to come with one of two detailing packs, according to the full-cab or half-cab variant.  This means that you will have part the you don't need for specific running numbers.  The instruction leaflet seems common to all variants.

Hope that's useful.

Regards,

Alex.

• Thanks 1

Saw a layout at an exhibition once with two 1Fs running. The double cab loco with vac brakes was shunting wagons in the yard while the half-cab without vac brakes was running the passenger train. Hmmm. It had taken me a while to notice that some models had ejectors while others didn't.

• Like 1