RevolutioN announce OO Gauge IPA Wagons

sc2016

On 22/10/2022 at 19:25, Revolution Mike said:

The first IPAs went in the post on Friday/Saturday.

The mystery package was indeed a pair of IPA twins - certainly brightened up my day! It was my fault I "didn’t get" a dispatch email…found it in the spam folder today…you’ve now been marked as safe senders.

My first impressions are hugely positive - they have a substantial weight to them thanks to a metal floor the entire length of the wagon. Decoration is perfect and I’m particularly impressed with the tiny wire stays which "hold up" (IRL) the hinged plates above each bufferbeam - very finely reproduced. I’ve yet to run them but so far I’ve yet to find fault. Thank you and well done all involved! 😀

Thanks,

Jack.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, JohnC said:

My two quad sets arrived yesterday and the look superb.

Many thanks for another great project completed and cannot wait for delivery of Caroline.

RevolutioN are definitely setting the bar high.

I bet Caroline is sweet,nice to see the car carriers are here.

I’ve had my full delivery now, very happy with them! All arrived intact, had them out to check them over and all is good except one centre bar coupling is missing but I’ll drop the guys a message and I’m sure they will have it sorted in a moment!

cheers guys for the fantastic wagons, looking forward to the rest I’ve got on order/want to order!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These are good quality, weighty wagons. There are lots of details you worry will break off with handling but somehow they only bend  then can be bent back again. 

Printed details are also really good.

Was great fun to try out my new airbrush on these wagons (the vans are Oxford Diecast)

Looking forward to more models from this manufacturer. 

1309941308_20221213_1825123.jpg.616d07971cf1f3a98d03886bbbc6064c.jpg

20221213_182557.jpg.6d6bc849fa43e8c8a345f6f507be36b8.jpg

Edited by letterspider
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Can someone clarify where these are as far as retailers are concerned,ive had these on order over 18 months with Hattons who show them sold out on pre order,same checking Rails,the only one i can find who has stock is Kernow, they must have been here about two months,i would of thought in present times you would want the decks cleared and buy the biggest turkey with the profit......or has Santa bought all the stock.

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Can someone clarify where these are as far as retailers are concerned,ive had these on order over 18 months with Hattons who show them sold out on pre order,same checking Rails,the only one i can find who has stock is Kernow, they must have been here about two months,i would of thought in present times you would want the decks cleared and buy the biggest turkey with the profit......or has Santa bought all the stock.

I’ve had mine on preorder with Rails of Sheffield, I’ve had one delivered so far (flat one with no stakes) then had an email to say that I can have one more (flat with stakes) but they’ve not had all of their order delivered to the retailer so the others are on back order until Rail’s next delivery arrives from Revolution! 👍

Cheers,

James

• Thanks 1

On 02/12/2022 at 22:37, TangerineWizards said:

Hello - Is there a timescale for these arriving at retailers? I have a pre-order with Hattons. 

Hattons have now cancelled my pre-order saying due to a ‘miscommunication’ they can’t fulfil it. Luckily I had some ordered direct from Revolution!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 19/12/2022 at 19:20, TangerineWizards said:

Hattons have now cancelled my pre-order saying due to a ‘miscommunication’ they can’t fulfil it. Luckily I had some ordered direct from Revolution!

Ive cancelled my pre order with Hattons as its just taking too long and i have looked forward to the car train for so long i dont want left high and dry missing out,should see them today by tracking of Kernow,they have all the variations ex stock.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Ive cancelled my pre order with Hattons as its just taking too long and i have looked forward to the car train for so long i dont want left high and dry missing out,should see them today by tracking of Kernow,they have all the variations ex stock.

I did the same last week as I was also worried about missing out.  Arrived from Kernow a couple of days later.  Moved about a grand's worth of other pre-orders at the same time...

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

A question for the Revolution Guys.

I need to fit my rake of IPAs with resistors across the axles to work the train detection on my layout, however, the brake rodding is in the way of adding in the resistor (not enough room for something to rotate around the axle). Is the brake rodding structure or anything or is it safe for me to cut it away? I can't see any visual problems with it, but just wanted to make sure that it wasn't in some way helping to hold the wagons or brake pads together?

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Hi Simon,

The representations of the brake rods aren't connected to the moulding for the brake shoes and associated beams.  I am not sure which parts you wish to pare away but I would say it is important to ensure the brake shoes remain secure and cannot rub the wheel treads.

How you do this is your call!

cheers

Ben A.

Following a customer request, we have started producing commercial wheel chocs to complement the IPA wagon

61A0B681-450E-4037-96A7-253A693E6AE3.jpeg.4def490683e86148aa50e53b63338951.jpeg

four chocs are needed per vehicle (one axle is secured)

BB67D936-4800-4FFE-AB27-5ECB822BA25B.jpeg.b663b025cc27a830e044b7380245b519.jpeg

19992760-F7E8-41E4-A550-4B599DE492EA.jpeg.74702ddae59474fa26bb92a8594b6d0d.jpeg

these are available in packs of 16 for £12

they are extremely fine and printed in resin.

please drop us a line if wanted. They will be put online soon.

just to give you an idea of just how intricate these are…

1B37AB44-8303-402E-8815-198F45AA061F.jpeg.31a3b2bed80890b6d430fc6e4cda0188.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 2