Disused terminus (freight train)

Hello everyone 

please excuse my English text

I has lot of spent on online for disused station terminus for only running Railfreight train NOT passengers train

and can’t find any details or photos 

please let you help me get that by what I am looking for disused terminus for use Railfreight train 

thank you

Like the tag, I remember 37 418 at Inverness in 1985/7.

What sort of era are you modelling.  Most branch treminus' were freight only just before closure in the 1960s but most became passenger only by the 1980s  part of the change from a mainly freight system to a mainly passenger system progressively from the 1960s onward

Horncastle (Lincs), from passenger closure 1954 to total closure 1971

Bardney (Lincs) - from passenger closure/closure of rest of line to freight 1970/71 until about 1982

Spilsby (Lincs) passenger closure Sept 1939, freight closure 1958

Louth (Lincs) - passenger closure 1970, freight closure 1981 (I think)

Snape (Suffolk) always freight only

Wisbech and Upwell (Cambridgeshire) - passenger services ended c1930, freight services continued until 1964-6  

I think Bishopsgate Goods in London is a lot bigger than you were thinking of, but still qualifies , till it burnt down in the early 1960s

No doubt people can come up with plenty of examples elsewhere (when did the Kerry branch lose passenger services?)

• RMweb Premium

Fraserburgh, Peterhead - Scotland.

Eye, Framlingham, Hadleigh - Suffolk.

Ramsey North - Cambridgeshire.

To name but a few that spring to mind!

How about Witney, Oxfordshire.  Original passenger station became the goods station branch on extension of line to Fairford in 1873 andbuilding of new passenger station.  Reverted to the terminus of the Witney branch on closure of the Fairford extension (and passenger traffic) in 1962.  Finally closed 1970.

I was going to suggest the Kemp Town terminus in Brighton, which is a wonderfully modelable station with the line bursting out of the tunnel with a three or four way turnout in the tunnel mouth, but it closed completely in 1971, and I noticed that Class37418stag was primarily interested in Railfreight, which was only formed in 1982, which also rules out many of the earlier suggestions. However, I suppose a little dose of modeller's licence might allow services to have survived into the Railfreight era.

6 hours ago, Nick Holliday said:

I was going to suggest the Kemp Town terminus in Brighton, which is a wonderfully modelable station with the line bursting out of the tunnel with a three or four way turnout in the tunnel mouth, but it closed completely in 1971, and I noticed that Class37418stag was primarily interested in Railfreight, which was only formed in 1982, which also rules out many of the earlier suggestions. However, I suppose a little dose of modeller's licence might allow services to have survived into the Railfreight era.

Raifreight may have been formed as an official entity in 1982, but I have seen some 1979 dated photos of Railfreight branded wagons.

Another possibility is Eling Wharf which was always a freight only line from Totton to Eling on Southampton Water and lasted into the early 1980s.

Plymouth Friary was used to marshal goods trains up until the mid 1980s(?) following closure to passengers.

Photos on this link show goods wagons / mixed freights stabled in the platform roads with station buildings / canopies still in existence:

http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/p/plymouth_friary/

very modellable aswell as the bridge carrying Tothill Road makes a good scenic break.

Hello everyone 

thank you for fully information of my comment

I may build disused wooden terminus for Railfreight train in 1990 by like that  Oldham king street terminus by use class 08 

i has seen plymouth disused station for use freight

Edited by class37418stag

• RMweb Premium
On 03/06/2019 at 12:20, giz said:

If you are looking for one that lasted until the 1980s, how about Norwich Victoria.

http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/n/norwich_victoria/index.shtml

Closed to passengers in 1916, closed to goods in 1986.

And here it is in 1982; this is the entrance to the coal depot (you are looking South, away from the station here).

1549906329_NorwichVictoria1982.jpeg.26136cc931d991b0def0e5e1c4ebdf5a.jpeg

• Like 1

Something a bit different - what about Crainlarich Lower? After the station and the line closed and all passengers diverted via the WHL and Upper the lower station was used for loading timber. Right into the 80s. It involved a reversal on the Oban line. If the timber was going to Fort William another was needed at the upper.  At one time an ex SR Queen Mary brake van made it this far north for propelling moved.