DJM, the end.

BR Blue

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, GeoffAlan said:

1. And I'm surely allowed to voice an opinion.

2. Or is disagreeing with the moderators no longer allowed?

1 - so are others but that isn't suiting YOU. 

2 - a sentence which means you will set off our spidey senses more quickly, more often. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, GeoffAlan said:

I did indeed read it. However the thread is reading more like abuse than discussion. And I'm surely allowed to voice an opinion. Or is disagreeing with the moderators no longer allowed?

If you have a problem, PM me or use the report button. Don't clutter up the thread with demands for locking, especially after I asked politely. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

46 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

a sentence which means you will set off our spidey senses more quickly, more often. 

Spidermod, Supermod, Batmod, Ironmod or for you oldies like me Fingermod.

Leftfield - Strontium Mod, Judge Mod

Edited by woodenhead
  • Funny 1

A while back, somebody asked who pays the insolvency practitioner's fees if there's no money in the kitty.   I didn't know either, so very much FWIW I've just asked an insolvency practitioner, and the answer I got is that if the company had no assets whatsoever, in theory their fee would be paid by the directors personally.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 9

Probably end up on one of those little Isles off the Scottish coast for a few years ...  !!

It was obviously a risky strategy - great if it worked; sort of win, win, but this time it obviously didn't.

If you don't try ...

Al.

6 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Then I saw this

1015717859_APT-Copy2.jpg

We have been asked to price match. So we put ours up to match this. Now lowered again after seeing the Rails of Widnes have got it on offer this weekend. Also two on Ian Allens Table (personal callers only)

Edited by Widnes Model Centre
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Still in original packaging, undisturbed - does that mean any / all bearings and moving metal surfaces will be absolutely bone dry then?

To pay 50% on top of the already exaggerated going rate, and then have to pull everything apart through lack of maintenance is sort of a kick in the @#$ls quite on top of that price!!

Even if I don't currently have a permanent circuit once I receive anything 'mine' I have to open up and 'have a go' - that's what they're made for isn't it? !!

Al.

• Agree 1

Barring any new revelations and exciting complications this thread appears to be winding down, but given the amount of popcorn consumed, can we perhaps look forward to a decent article based on it in BRM, rather than a bare paragraph? 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Caledonian said:

Barring any new revelations and exciting complications this thread appears to be winding down, but given the amount of popcorn consumed, can we perhaps look forward to a decent article based on it in BRM, rather than a bare paragraph?

Saying what? Aside from the business is closing down and you can register with the receivers, there's nothing much to say. Cut out all the froth and speculation from this thread and it's barely even a paragraph.  "RMwebbers get excited and write lots of posts" does not a meaty story make.

If anyone fancies researching and writing the history of DJM, there's a lot of interviews to be carried out and at least one trip to China. I doubt you'd ever collate anything that would keep everyone happy as there seem to be several versions to many parts of the story depending on who you listen to. Maybe it could be done, but not within the budget of a model railway magazine.

• Like 3
  • Agree 8

12 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

Saying what? Aside from the business is closing down and you can register with the receivers, there's nothing much to say...

Why not? That would be fine. Anyone that has put money towards DJM could have the facts, as far as they are known, and what to do about it in a simple paragraph or two. I pity anyone who has to trawl through the 42 pages of this thread to find something that may be pertinent to them.

RMWeb is great, but in cases like this, the extra froth is just annoying. Understandable, but annoying nonetheless. Fake ebay ads, really? I'm still waiting for a Trump meme and for someone to blame the collapse of DJM on Iran.

A simple paragraph in print would do no harm, and may help those modellers who don't "do" the internet. Some of us seem to think that every modeller is online and has a RMWeb login. I think we're but a small percentage of the UK modelling commnunity. Maybe BRM reaches those places that RMWeb doesn't?

• Like 1
  • Agree 4