DJM, the end.

BR Blue

Sort of answered my own question above.  This link here https://www.halifax.co.uk/creditcards/help-guidance/section75/ says section 75 doesn't apply if you fund an account like PayPal and then pay someone, but I just paid by credit card via DJ Models' PayPal account.  I didn't fund my account to do so, I just sent the money to him via his chosen payment method.  I think I've read that correctly. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

4 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Credit card via PayPal, yes. I have sent an email to PayPal, but no reply yet. The problem is we are well outside their claims window.

Roy

My understanding at the moment is that we just go though our credit card companies, not PayPal.  This is the remaining point I would like to try and sort before I put in a claim, if anyone can help.  

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, BR(S) said:

Did you make the payment on your credit card via PayPal?  All of mine were done this way, but there was some question earlier in the thread as to whether this is covered under Section 75.

No, nothing at all to do with PayPal. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, BR(S) said:

My understanding at the moment is that we just go though our credit card companies, not PayPal.  This is the remaining point I would like to try and sort before I put in a claim, if anyone can help.  

Yes this is correct as far as I can understand and the liquidators indicated that, irrespective of paying via PayPal, I should approach the credit card company which I have done (they are sending a claim form). Even though we are outside the 180 day PayPal period, there is still the possibility of a charge back via the card company - my understanding is that this does not form the same level of 'guarantee' as section 75, but there is plenty of information on this in the other DJ thread which deals with credit card repayments etc. Hope that helps. 

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

I have spoken to the Liquidators and they have said they will send me a statement. I raised the spectre of hundred of RMwebbers ringing up and suggested this would make everyone's life easier.

Might be construed as a threat!

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, JSpencer said:

I can't believe he would actually just sit there indoors twiddling his thumbs while watching the ship sink (then again, maybe I can reading everything here).

He did spend a great deal of time holidaying in exotic locations, so funds mustn't have been that dire.

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium

On behalf of the followers of this thread, I will personally ensure Mr Parker receives cake, beer, or both in due course. No Crowdfunding required.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, PMP said:

On behalf of the followers of this thread, I will personally ensure Mr Parker receives cake, beer, or both in due course. No Crowdfunding required.

Yes even though we may not share the same point of view from time to time , Phils done a grand job keeping this thread on track and not locking it . Well done him ! 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Legend said:

Yes even though we may not share the same point of view from time to time , Phils done a grand job keeping this thread on track and not locking it . Well done him ! 

I have a feeling that by the time we've finished expressing out thanks Mr. Parker may look rather like Henry VIII...

Luke

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

39 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Are you sure it's the same Dave Jones?

The 'Zenfolio' Dave Jones looks like the Dave Jones of DJ Models;

https://davejonesphotography.zenfolio.com/about.html

(ie. not the Dave Jones of Djonesphotography.co.uk)

Andy

Edited by 2mm Andy
edited to clarify which Dave Jones I'm referring to
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Are you sure it's the same Dave Jones?

Screenshot_20190611-202502_Facebook.jpg

13 minutes ago, 2mm Andy said:

Looks like the same DJ;

https://davejonesphotography.zenfolio.com/about.html

Andy

Also pictures of Chinese trains which proves he did venture further than the computer in his living room.... https://davejonesphotography.zenfolio.com/p311508662

Edited by maico
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

I’d suggest ‘we’ don’t jump to conclusions. I don’t think it is the same Dave Jones. Different web address, and I’d suggest the fb site has a certain quality about it that the zenfolio one doesn’t. And critically the fb profile image doesn’t match DJM Daves pic.

It wouldn’t be fair on an entirely unconnected Dave Jones to be drawn into this saga.

Edit: Cross post with melmerby

Edited by PMP
  • Like 1
  • Agree 6

1 hour ago, brenn said:

Can some list the projects DJM sad demise has effected.

Yes. None, since no projects will commence to completion.

Or do you mean affected, as in influenced/terminated?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Some confusion creeping in?

DJonesphotography is a professional photography company and the beardy one is IMHO not the D Jones

http://www.djonesphotography.co.uk/contact

This is the photo from the url I posted IMHO the DJM Gwyn Humphries Memorial Trophy winner and  DJ Zenfolio pic display the identical geezer, the Daipol kits add a certain age to the photos.....

F0924295-328C-4D41-86FA-A8ABBEDDC6B0.png

• Agree 6