DJM, the end.

BR Blue

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, newbryford said:

I'm pretty much resigned to losing my deposit.

I suppose I'll get some perverse sense of value for money knowing that the time spent by CG on my emails will be worth more than £30.

And you save the balance that you would have paid. 

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Hroth said:

I agree, one has to keep an eye on what he's up to.......

Totally OT, but the sidebar reminded me that Phil also purveys the "Kate vs" book series (if two books maketh a series), which are wonderfully scatty light reading, and I had been wondering if a third was in the works.  Apparently there is, but the delivery time seems to be akin to a DJM project, or perhaps a Bachmann one. However,  seeing that the IP is in his (and his conspirators) head and not likely to be claimed by an overseas factory it may turn up sooner than later....

Hat, coat and slinking around the corner

To be honest, progress has slowed to a crawl on book 3. It's half-written and we need to get back to it. Maybe the annual trip to the West Midlands writers conference this weekend will help. 

Mind you, DJM-like, we do have plans for another project, but I think we'll limit ourselves to two at a time! And no crowd-funding for us either. ;)

• Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Phil Parker said:

And no crowd-funding for us either. ;)

Not even a small slice of chocolate orange cake in return for an out of context killer sentence you have in mind?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, AY Mod said:

Not even a small slice of chocolate orange cake in return for an out of context killer sentence you have in mind?

What is the point of a "small slice of chocolate orange cake"? 

20190529_124053.jpg

Although, not the perfect food before a spinning teacup ride. :(

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

Considering the firm Kate runs, I could almost see that one. Not sure I could sell the idea to my co-writer though.

Does this count as advertising, are Warners invoicing dept aware of this and the commercial advantage being handed over, is this the ultimate in thread drift?  Sorry, I apologise for my final question as pictures of cakes are obviously the ultimate in thread drift (where did you get them - or would that be advertising?):rolleyes::jester:

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Phil Parker said:

20190529_124053.jpg

I don't think any food is suitable before spinning teacups. Worst experience of my life. Not been on any "ride" since.

1 minute ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

I don't think any food is suitable before spinning teacups. Worst experience of my life. Not been on any "ride" since.

Many Victorian fairground rides were designed and manufactured by an extremely creative engineer / entrepreneur in, of all places, King’s Lynn (which is still host to the first fairground of the year, traditionally opening on St Valentine’s Day).

In a splendid example of nominative anti-determinism, his works was called Savage’s. 

Paul

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 16/06/2019 at 18:49, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

The best bit of this thread is that every day I visit Phil's workbench to see what he's been building today.

I've just had a look, lots of nice work there. I normally look at RMweb on my phone with signatures off so I'd not seen it before.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

20190529_124053.jpg

That's a nice looking cake. I always travel with a fork & spoon, for 'unexpected eventualities'. I also carry a napkin, size unspecified......

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, tomparryharry said:

That's a nice looking cake. I always travel with a fork & spoon, for 'unexpected eventualities'. I also carry a napkin, size unspecified......

Egg free too, although I'm not quite sure why this matters, from here. And I ALWAYS carry a Spork for emergency eating, and a kazoo for no good reason.

1 hour ago, truffy said:

I don't like cake.

Does this make me a bad person?

I can't believe I let someone like you loose on RMweb without some severe adminining! You'll be admitting to liking Great Western next you deviant.

(Now back to the topic.)

• Funny 5

5 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

(Now back to the topic.) 

Topic?

I thought the discussion was about the correct size of a portion of cake, not a chocolate bar containing a hazlenut in every bite.

Oh, you mean the other topic....

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

You'll be admitting to liking Great Western next you deviant.

(Now back to the topic.)

What's wrong with Gods Wonderful Railway?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

I discovered that if you spin the cup HARD one way, then time it well, you can reverse the direction without any trouble, throwing the other occupants quite spectacularly.

Challenged my sister in law to a ride on the cups. It's a good job they have mops...

6 minutes ago, Markwj said:

I can't believe the mods have taken us on this huge thread drift.......... oooooooh cake - any coffee Renoir going spare?

Deliberate distraction ploy by the mods, you cannot make contentious comments whilst drooling over cakes or coffee.

Probably being tested here before being deployed across the forum.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 3

28 minutes ago, spikey said:

Not so long as you like apple pie.

Oh yes, I do like apple pie, with a little single cream (not ice cream, I'm not too keen on that, either)

• Like 2