DJM, the end.

BR Blue

11 minutes ago, tomparryharry said:

young Truffy. 

I wish! Verily thou doth stoop to flatter, young Master Thomas. :blush:

My mother used to make it, and I used to love it.

My mother used to make it too. There, the similarity pretty much ends I'm afraid :(

When my sister had her pub, the one & only winter weather pudding was bread pudding, smothered with custard.  30-odd Sunday dinner sittings can't be wrong!

These sittings, they didn't involve beer by any chance? ;)

1 hour ago, jcredfer said:

NNNNOOOOOooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............    NOT the "Brought up in a Shoe Box" competition AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGAAAAAAAIIIIINN!!!!!

Mine was a matchbox, with no sliding cover and the sides had dropped off.......................

..................   Here we gooooooo!!!

J

Luxury

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, truffy said:

Oh yes, I do like apple pie, with a little single cream (not ice cream, I'm not too keen on that, either)

There's only one sort of cream for apple pie, proper cream, the stuff you can stand a spoon up in.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

I think you'll find that's clotted cream?

And, yes, that would also do nicely!

(As a side note, and not wanting to go OT, when I first met my wife she was convinced that a cream tea involved that nasty canned stuff, because that's what she'd had a Kew Gardens. A bit of clotted cream soon put her right!)

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, truffy said:

I wish! Verily thou doth stoop to flatter, young Master Thomas. :blush:

My mother used to make it too. There, the similarity pretty much ends I'm afraid :(

These sittings, they didn't involve beer by any chance? ;)

Yes they did. Sunday lunch was always a good time. 

• Like 1

On 04/06/2019 at 17:23, adb968008 said:

Apologies I wasn't pointing out the seller (who i’ve no relation) but the situation..

£299 is by far the most expensive Ive ever seen a DJ class 71, ever.

ebay shows the most expensive one sold as £126, including sound.

average sold prices...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=class+71+dj+models&_sop=15

There is an identical one for sale at £120.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJ-MODELS-HATTONS-00-GAUGE-OO71-002HAT-CLASS-71-BR-GREEN-E5015-SPECIAL-ED/283093249084?epid=23022391677&hash=item41e9ac2c3c:g:ScUAAOSwwsZbavwD

The going rate is £80.

Hattons still sell Class 71’s for £99

https://www.hattons.co.uk/206914/dj_models_dave_jones_oo71_002hat_class_71_e5015_in_br_southern_region_light_green_with_full_golden_arrow_headboar/stockdetail.aspx

if you think £299 is reasonable, then we differ in opinion, and by accounts, evidence too.

The seller can of course ask whatever price they chose.

On 04/06/2019 at 17:23, adb968008 said:

Apologies I wasn't pointing out the seller (who i’ve no relation) but the situation..

£299 is by far the most expensive Ive ever seen a DJ class 71, ever.

ebay shows the most expensive one sold as £126, including sound.

average sold prices...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=class+71+dj+models&_sop=15

There is an identical one for sale at £120.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DJ-MODELS-HATTONS-00-GAUGE-OO71-002HAT-CLASS-71-BR-GREEN-E5015-SPECIAL-ED/283093249084?epid=23022391677&hash=item41e9ac2c3c:g:ScUAAOSwwsZbavwD

The going rate is £80.

Hattons still sell Class 71’s for £99

https://www.hattons.co.uk/206914/dj_models_dave_jones_oo71_002hat_class_71_e5015_in_br_southern_region_light_green_with_full_golden_arrow_headboar/stockdetail.aspx

if you think £299 is reasonable, then we differ in opinion, and by accounts, evidence too.

The seller can of course ask whatever price they chose.

Hi just a quick reply about the price of the class 71 the seller was indeed away on a well earned holiday .

I popped in the shop when they returned and explained about dj models situation as the owner had been away when this announcement was made the price did not reflect on it and they didn’t know if you care to look at the same loco now on eBay you will find it at £129.95 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, melmerby said:

So you prefer endless repeats? (Just like daytime TV:yes:)

Which much of the recent postings about DJ Models have been

I was only kicking off a pantomime to and fro. I haven't taken any of this thread seriously even though I contributed to an APT. It's only model trains...........

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, tomparryharry said:

I disagree, young Truffy.  sultanas & raisins in my bread pudding please. My mother used to make it

Exotica in our household as it had dates & orange in it - scrumptious.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Earl of Pembroke said:

Could we change the title of this thread from "...the end" to "...will it ever end"?  

Will what end?

The world?

This thread?

Andys cake ration?

• Administrators

Fair point. I think we need to return to DJM now. For the moment I suspect that means the thread will whither but I'm sure there are plenty of other things to talk about elsewhere on RMweb. 

Or you could even do some modelling!

• Like 4
  • Funny 2

5 hours ago, truffy said:

Oh yes, I do like apple pie, with a little single cream (not ice cream, I'm not too keen on that, either)

It depends on the temperature of the apple pie.

Room temperature: single cream.

Warm: custard

Fallen out of the microwave with sufficient heat to melt itself to the centre of the earth:? ice cream

PS this cake conversation is a good decompress after the stresses of the earlier part of this thread!

Luke

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

Fair point. I think we need to return to DJM now. For the moment I suspect that means the thread will whither but I'm sure there are plenty of other things to talk about elsewhere on RMweb. 

Or you could even do some modelling!

First you cause a major thread drift and then you threaten us with having to do some modelling! Next thing you will be going off on holidays to exotic places like the Isle of Man.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

Thread drift is somewhat expected in a 'slow news' period. I did consider continuing with the 'apple pie & cream' scenario a bit further, but it's probably non-productive. Once the debacle had slowed down, I only visited here to see if the austerity thread(s) had picked up again. I'm nothing, if not, optimistic.

I have a great deal of sympathy for fellow modellers who have been caught up in this. However, the paucity of conspiracy theorists mean the thread has run it's course. "Nothing to see here, move along".

Colonel K. Knutt.

Apollo 21 chief pilot & sanitary engineer.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, tomparryharry said:

Thread drift is somewhat expected in a 'slow news' period. I did consider continuing with the 'apple pie & cream' scenario a bit further, but it's probably non-productive. Once the debacle had slowed down, I only visited here to see if the austerity thread(s) had picked up again. I'm nothing, if not, optimistic.

I have a great deal of sympathy for fellow modellers who have been caught up in this. However, the paucity of conspiracy theorists mean the thread has run it's course. "Nothing to see here, move along".

Colonel K. Knutt.

Apollo 21 chief pilot & sanitary engineer.

I don't think we've seen much of conspiracy theories in this thread (as yet?) and we don't really need any as we have the basic facts.  

What we do know is that DJM has gone into voluntary liquidation and is in the hands of a liquidator.  Some folk have seen a listing of the company's assets (which seemingly don't amount to much) plus the question of disputed assets and that's about it.  We haven't got the faintest idea what will happen in respect of the disputed assets or indeed whether or how that dispute will be settled.  We haven't got any facts about where the money has gone or indeed how much money there actually was to have gone.  We don't know the state of any part completed work on CADs or even who might or might not own them and we don't know who any creditors are with the exception of those who put in crowdfunding money.

No conspiracy just a company in liquidation for whatever reason(s).   Edwardian's post above amply sums up the situation in respect of DJM model projects;  it is an ex-company as far as trading is concerned, and it is being liquidated.

• Like 2
  • Agree 13
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Edwardian said:

I cannot, I imagine, be the only one reminded by the titles of this topic of The Doors' track and its use in Apocalypse Now?

Perhaps, then, finally ....

DSCN0866.JPG.2bb046c501e38b5f52e3da2eff5f2187.JPG

Bonfire of the Vanities

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Edwardian said:

I cannot, I imagine, be the only one reminded by the titles of this topic of The Doors' track and its use in Apocalypse Now?

Perhaps, then, finally ....

DSCN0866.JPG.2bb046c501e38b5f52e3da2eff5f2187.JPG

Edited by tomparryharry
Reply deleted.
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, tomparryharry said:

The cab profile on the King is not quite right.....

But only enough to be able to claim IP

Edited by truffy
  • Funny 1