Crowdfunding: Reclaim via Credit Card

Damo666

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, WolfofBadenoch said:

I've received a reply from CG Recovery. Not sure whether i'm allowed to just copy it in here, but from my understanding 

Order will not be fulfiilled

I will be added to Company's creditor list and provided with further information in respect of liquidation

I will be provided with a proof of debt form to register claim in liquidation

If i paid by CC i should request refund through them and if CC company need documentation the info soon to be sent to me should be used.

I've had a very similar reply but excluding the bit about being added as a creditor. I have been referred to my credit card provider for a refund.

• Friendly/supportive 1

28 minutes ago, Richard E said:

I've had a very similar reply but excluding the bit about being added as a creditor. I have been referred to my credit card provider for a refund.

Sounds like where they know a CC was used they are directing you to the place where you are most likely going to be refunded.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Same here. Phoned the card company this morning who took all the details and asked for CG Recovery's email to be forwarded to them. I was the second person to call them re. DJM. Was told about a week for the refund to be processed. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

I’ve received a similar reply from CG Recovery. They are sending a covering letter to include with my CC company’s claim form, which they are sending to me. 

My CC company only seemed concerned with the date the product was expected, which of course I couldn’t tell them, and how I had discovered the liquidation. I found out through a Digitrains email stating their N gauge King project was no longer proceeding, however I’ve screenshotted the DJ Models website homepage, I suggest you all do the same. 

These matters are time sensitive so I would urge you all to act quickly. 

Good luck. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

I have also contacted CG Recovery and got a similar reply.  I've just contacted my credit card provider and set the wheels in motion.

A tip for anyone else phoning Lloyds Bank.  When you get their "Please say in your own words the reason for your call" question, don't include the word "claim" as the automated system will direct you to their insurance team.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I've now had the claim paperwork from my CC company. Posting it later today, I'll advise progress, if any, in due course. They say it can take up to 28 days to resolve.

• RMweb Premium

B y post, got a second copy this morning. Left hand, right hand ...

Originated the discussion by e-mail but they said they would need it all in writing.

• Thanks 1

Response from my CC provider, NW BS, for the £120 deposit paid via PayPal for four class 92s-

"I must inform you with much regret that we are unable to raise a claim on your behalf for transactions that have occurred prior to 120 days from us receiving your dispute request. As a member of VISA, Nationwide are subject to their rules and regulations which must be adhered to. These include strict processing timescales. In accordance with these, I only have 120 days from the date of purchase in which to process a chargeback against a merchant. This timescale can be extended to a maximum of 540 days, but both of these transactions surpass this timescale.
In addition to this, we would be unable to attempt a claim via Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. This is because when making a payment via a payment processing company, such as PayPal, in most cases, we are unable to pursue these claims."

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, WILLIAM said:

Response from my CC provider, NW BS, for the £120 deposit paid via PayPal for four class 92s-

"I must inform you with much regret that we are unable to raise a claim on your behalf for transactions that have occurred prior to 120 days from us receiving your dispute request. As a member of VISA, Nationwide are subject to their rules and regulations which must be adhered to. These include strict processing timescales. In accordance with these, I only have 120 days from the date of purchase in which to process a chargeback against a merchant. This timescale can be extended to a maximum of 540 days, but both of these transactions surpass this timescale.
In addition to this, we would be unable to attempt a claim via Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. This is because when making a payment via a payment processing company, such as PayPal, in most cases, we are unable to pursue these claims."

Chargeback might work for the APT, which was paid for in 2018.  Not sure if the PayPal issue would muddy things with a chargeback, or just a Section 75.

Can I just confirm please, was it a credit or debit card you used for the payment?

Edited by BR(S)
Removing a word and adding question.

• RMweb Gold

Don't let the credit card refund issue stop you from registering as a creditor. Just as credit card companies will try to send you on your way, so I suspect, will a liquidator.  My advice is to claim from both.  If you get anything from credit card, you can then withdraw claim against DJModels (or vice versa)

Proof of debt form is quite straightforward.

A simple e mail to the liquidators is all that is required to get "on the list"

In case it is of help, here is the contents of my e mail today to the liquidators. Within the hour they sent me all the information including the proof of debt form. It makes interesting reading in its own right.

to:   info@cg-recovery.com

Hi

I have been advised that you are the liquidators for DJModels Ltd

I wish to register as a creditor as that company owes me £248.99 being a deposit I paid to them on 29th August 2018 for a model Advance Passenger Train which they never produced nor supplied to me.

I also understand that you have sent a general email to all known creditors and I would be glad to receive this e mail.

Regards

Colin McLeod

Edited by Colin_McLeod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the updates Colin/William.... my credit card company also has the added bonus of using the international transaction as another hurdle if I decide to claim...  i’m Waiting with interest to see if anyone actually gets a cc refund...

16 hours ago, BR(S) said:

Chargeback might work for the APT, which was paid for in 2018.  Not sure if the PayPal issue would muddy things with a chargeback, or just a Section 75.

Can I just confirm please, was it a credit or debit card you used for the payment?

Credit Card

• Thanks 1

I’ve received a similar reply from CG Recovery. They are sending a covering letter to include with my CC company’s claim form, which they are sending to me. 

My CC company only seemed concerned with the date the product was expected, which of course I couldn’t tell them, and how I had discovered the liquidation. I found out through a Digitrains email stating their N gauge King project was no longer proceeding, however I’ve screenshotted the DJ Models website homepage, I suggest you all do the same. 

Good luck. 

Good luck. 

Apologies for the multiple posting of previous replies, fat thumbs!

Did any of you receive multiple emails from Stephanie Adams at CG Recovery yesterday afternoon? They contained a portal link which I cannot open. I replied to her this morning and she has said to open the portal!

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks, Paul. 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, westonp said:

Apologies for the multiple posting of previous replies, fat thumbs!

Did any of you receive multiple emails from Stephanie Adams at CG Recovery yesterday afternoon? They contained a portal link which I cannot open. I replied to her this morning and she has said to open the portal!

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks, Paul. 

I did, I eventually managed to open it but, by then, I'd also had pdf and word versions from CGR as I'd asked them for them.

My claim should, by now, be with my CC company. I'll post progress to help others.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Richard E said:

I did, I eventually managed to open it but, by then, I'd also had pdf and word versions from CGR as I'd asked them for them.

My claim should, by now, be with my CC company. I'll post progress to help others.

My impression was that to save money all documents will be published on the portal and not posted to people.   Whether that includes not sending further emails in future, I don't know....

• RMweb Premium

I couldn't open anything via the 'portal'. I tried on both windows and Mac machines and just got junk or the machine hung. I eventually got a conversion facility on-line that allowed me to view the contents.

I couldn't open it either,tried several times. Is this instead of a postal communication from them?
I was of the impression we were getting some documentation in the post to substantiate our CC claims...?

All a tad vague, and if you are not that p.c savvy it is a delay we could do without.

• RMweb Gold

The e mail contains a Word and a pdf version of the same letter.

Phil (Mod) has asked that we don't publish the letter on RMweb but for your assistance I attach a one page Word document which is just the proof of debt form.

This should be filled in and sent to as soon as possible with documentary evidence that you are a creditor.  I used my order/receipt fro DJmodels as my documentary evidence

Stephenie Adams

CG & Co

1 Booth Street

Manchester

MC2 4DU

Proof of debt form.docx

• Like 1

I still haven't received anything in the post  from CG&Co., has anybody else ?

Are we expected to print the proof of debt form that Colin kindly attached to his email, complete it and post this to our Credit card companies?  (I always thought that stuff of a legal nature needed to be posted with a signature when received)

Sorry readers to seem a tad thick here, but after speaking to a chap at CG&Co and emailing him my D.J, receipt I'm here waiting for forms in the post from them.
I doubt I'm the only one unclear what is supposed to be happening with this, can somebody put me/us out of my confusion please.

Thanks in advance.

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

I paid for a King deposit by Barclaycard and raised a Section 75 claim with them simply by messaging them with the transaction details, the fact that DJM were now in receivership and that I hadn't received anything. They came back within 24 hours with a message saying they had credited my account while they made further enquiries and asked me to retain copies of any relevant documentation, should they need to see them.

Very impressed, I hope others have as straightforward process to get their refunds.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1