Crowdfunding: Reclaim via Credit Card

Damo666

I've had the reply to my follow-up letter from Lloyds Disputes (Halifax Mastercard) regarding the 3 X £30s for the Class 92s. 

They still won't provide a refund via chargeback as the 540 days begins once the payment is made. They say they can extend the 120 days to take into account liquidation dates, but the 540 days is rigid.

They won't provide a refund under Section 75 as the credit card was used via PayPal.

That's it for me now as I've wasted far too much time on this. Happy to have got the £162.49 back for the APT.

• Friendly/supportive 5

This is probably the wrong place to post this, but here goes.

When the King class was announced by D.J. I had a few emails back and forth with him.  Yes, he did have a very "matey" sort of way about him.

I have just had an email from DJ  saying I just want to share this with my "friends", and a link to a website.  Extremely reluctant to open it for a few reasons, but just wondered if anyone else has had the same email?

35 minutes ago, wellseasoned said:

When the King class was announced by D.J. I had a few emails back and forth with him.  Yes, he did have a very "matey" sort of way about him.

I have just had an email from DJ  saying I just want to share this with my "friends", and a link to a website.  Extremely reluctant to open it for a few reasons, but just wondered if anyone else has had the same email?

No, and I definitely wouldn't!

No: I haven't received an email from DJ recently

and 

Definitely do not open any link in an unsolicited email. This would have my alarm bells ringing, receiving an email from a person / company who has gone into liquidation and whose affairs have been handed over to a firm of liquidators. There is no reason I can think of why DJ (person or company) would be writing to you.

Highly likely that this is a spam email from a source who can make their origins hide behind a name that is in your contact list, thereby making it look legit. In such cases, any link would probably take you (or your computer) to a place that you do not want to go.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, wellseasoned said:

I had exactly the same a few weeks ago, it apparently came from the email that DJ were using. Without doubt it was/is spam and I certainly wouldn't open any links from an unsolicited mail.

3 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Sounds like SPAM.

I suppose you could always forward it to the liquidators.  

Hi Colin

Thanks to your help at the start of trying to claim back a full refund off my Nationwide and CapitalOne Cards, I can today say I have had FULL REFUNDS from CapitalOne for £374.98, and a FULL REFUND from Nationwide for £980.96.

It was only thanks to your huge help at the start Colin and pointed me in the right direction that I have the Full Refund of both orders I had placed with DJModels.

Do we know if any other possible manufactures have jumped on the band wagon in continuing with on with the project of the APT-P OO-Gauge Model...?

Regards

Jamie

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• Moderators
10 hours ago, 7APT7 said:

I can today say I have had FULL REFUNDS from CapitalOne for £374.98, and a FULL REFUND from Nationwide for £980.96.

I am pleased you got a positive outcome as you did look, although circumspect, a bit down about it all Jamie when we spoke a few weeks back.

It's heartening that the collective knowledge accumu!ated here helped members far more than DJ did after using the site as his prime publicity channel and performing the first half of a magician's trick of making your money disappear and then pulling it out from behind your ear.

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Hi Andy

Yes that extra information and other ways to go round trying also was a huge help Andy, CapitalOne paid out from the one and only phone call I made, answered all the questions that you said to say when asked.

Nationwide on the other hand, just made it a little harder as I had to do it via emails and sending my invoices from DJModels etc, they were happy with just the Invoice Number after they connected me as they went to liquidators themselves to check the Invoice Numbers tallied up, but still the same out come as CapitalOne, so was well chuffed to say the least, since the chat with you Andy, I was ready to sign off the money I had paid, with your nudge and chat, I had nothing to loose as I had already lost it in my mind, only had something to gain back, huge help Andy and to Colin at the start.

Well pleased to say it worked Andy and £1,355.94 better off, combined.

Regards

Jamie 

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
On 06/06/2019 at 11:14, Widnes Model Centre said:

In all of this, if I recall correctly; DJM stated that Paypal had suspected that some of the payments had been  subject to a Money Laundering investigation by themselves. He stated he had been told by Paypal to refund the Paypal payments. If he was suspected of Money Laundering, due to large payments going in, why did Paypal tell him to issue refunds? If they believed this to be true they were in effect directing to give all the proceeds of crimes back to whoever was trying to launder it. I never thought this was the case because of what I have just written.

Glad this has all been resolved, but wanted to pick up on the above, as I have been a Money Laundering Reporting Officer in a previous employment.

If PayPal had any suspicions that DJM’s payments were involved in money laundering, the last thing they would do would be to tell DJM. That constitutes “tipping off” (even if DJM was unaware and innocent of such activity, paying back amounts of money might make a launderer aware of the investigation) which is illegal (it would make PayPal an accessory to the crime).

If anyone claims such nonsense, immediately disbelieve them and have nothing further to do with them.

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, 7APT7 said:

I can today say I have had FULL REFUNDS from CapitalOne for £374.98, and a FULL REFUND from Nationwide for £980.96.

Jamie

I am really delighted to hear this news. Well done for perserving and getting a great result.  You must be feeling very releived.

I also hope your good news will motivate others to keep pushing for their own refunds and not write off their payments too easily.

Colin

• Like 4

On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 07:57, Colin_McLeod said:

Jamie

I am really delighted to hear this news. Well done for perserving and getting a great result.  You must be feeling very releived.

I also hope your good news will motivate others to keep pushing for their own refunds and not write off their payments too easily.

Colin

Hi Colin

Only thanks to YOU and AndyY, I owe you both big time I think lol can't thank you enough and it was relatively simple to do, I thought it would be a huge, do this... do that... send this... send that... tell us this... tell us that etc... so wasn't looking forward to the making the call, and Capital One Card, I bet I was on the phone for no longer than 10mins max and they refunded straight away within 10mins, longed into my App and the money was there after I put the phone down, no more calls that simple, so that was £370+ pound back in my account just for that 10min call, no forms to fill-in, just 3/4 questions, and proof, gave them the DJModels Website which was enough for them they screen captured the details they needed to approve the claim, the fact that they refunded the money within the call time I was so impressed. Thanks to You, Colin and AndyY Advice!

Regards

Jamie

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

An update on my Halifax Mastercard chargeback for the APT £162.49. 

I just received a letter from Lloyds Disputes informing me that "The company has challenged this claim as they believe the above to be a valid charge however we have enough information to continue defending your dispute. The company has a further 45 days to respond and further challenge from today".

I was informed by Lloyds Disputes that this could happen.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Hi ,still awaiting a response from Lloyds regarding my claim.

One thing that has crossed my mind - DJ was to use Lloyd Click Safe, so its likely that he banked with Lloyds.  Does that have any impact on the decision, and LLoyds seeming reluctance to refund people, as effectively they are taking the hit?

Regards,

C.

2 hours ago, dogbox321 said:

One thing that has crossed my mind - DJ was to use Lloyd Click Safe, so its likely that he banked with Lloyds.  Does that have any impact on the decision, and LLoyds seeming reluctance to refund people, as effectively they are taking the hit?

Regards,

C.

lloyds & halifax are the same group & halifax have payed out so i would say not

7 minutes ago, mozzer models said:

Hopefully not, as I am still awaiting a further decision (after a rejection first off, because they were working off the consumer credit act), hence I wrote a letter to the LLoyds dispute team containing the key bits of information, notification from administrator etc., and asked them nicely to review the situation, including protection provided by the chargeback scheme, but as per BR(S) above, his is being disputed via Lloyds banking group......  Were just adding the thought, as like anything, its easier to give money back, when its not coming from your companies bottom line!  The DJ Models saga continues.....  

Regards,

C.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, dogbox321 said:

Regards,

C.

21 minutes ago, mozzer models said:

Don't confuse what Lloyds Clicksafe is meant to do.  it was I think something of a red herring when DJ was originally mentioning it but the first important thing here is that it only applies to Lloyds Bank customers and what it does do is provide protection for Lloyds card users from fraudulent use of their card or card details by another person.  in that respect it is similar to 'Verified by Visa'.

What it does not do is protect the users of any other bank or building society's card, they have their own security systems.  What it does not do is protect the card user from the situation such as that of DJM where the trader has gone into liquidation and is unable to deliver the goods for which payment has been made - the Consumer. Credit Act etc does that.

https://www.lloydsbank.com/credit-cards/clicksafe.asp

23 hours ago, dogbox321 said:

Hopefully not, as I am still awaiting a further decision (after a rejection first off, because they were working off the consumer credit act), hence I wrote a letter to the LLoyds dispute team containing the key bits of information, notification from administrator etc., and asked them nicely to review the situation, including protection provided by the chargeback scheme, but as per BR(S) above, his is being disputed via Lloyds banking group......  Were just adding the thought, as like anything, its easier to give money back, when its not coming from your companies bottom line!  The DJ Models saga continues.....  

Regards,

C.

It probably depends on whether you're doing a Section 75 claim or a charge back.  Lloyds did a Section 75 claim for me with little problem, only needed two phone calls.  The only issue I had was that I had to make the second call to chase it up after they'd not done anything following the first one.

40 minutes ago, dave_7820 said:

It probably depends on whether you're doing a Section 75 claim or a charge back.  Lloyds did a Section 75 claim for me with little problem, only needed two phone calls.  The only issue I had was that I had to make the second call to chase it up after they'd not done anything following the first one.

Hi - thanks.  If you don't mind me asking - What was the order for? And  how long ago was the order tho?  They said they could not do a Section 75 due to the length of time.

Regards,

C.

49 minutes ago, dogbox321 said:

Hi - thanks.  If you don't mind me asking - What was the order for? And  how long ago was the order tho?  They said they could not do a Section 75 due to the length of time.

Regards,

C.

I dealt with Lloyds Disputes for my claims (Halifax Mastercard).

My APT first payment (£162.49) was made on April 5th, 2018 and a successful chargeback claim was started on 19th June, 2019.  The claim was within the maximum 540 days claim period set for chargebacks.  No Section 75 refund could be made on this as I had paid via PayPal with my credit card.

My chargeback claim for the 92s (3 x £30) was rejected as it was outside the 540 days.  Again, a Section 75 refund was refused as I had paid via PayPal.  I sent a further letter stating that the chargeback claim time should start at the date the company had gone into liquidation, as I couldn't put a claim in before this, but this wasn't accepted.

I'm not aware of a time limit for Section 75 claims.

My letter from Lloyds says "the company" is disputing the chargeback, which I assumed meant DJ Models (or the liquidator), but am not certain about this.

Edited by BR(S)

33 minutes ago, BR(S) said:

I dealt with Lloyds Disputes for my claims (Halifax Mastercard).

My APT first payment (£162.49) was made on April 5th, 2018 and a successful chargeback claim was started on 19th June, 2019.  The claim was within the maximum 540 days claim period set for chargebacks.  No Section 75 refund could be made on this as I had paid via PayPal with my credit card.

My chargeback claim for the 92s (3 x £30) was rejected as it was outside the 540 days.  Again, a Section 75 refund was refused as I had paid via PayPal.  I sent a further letter stating that the chargeback claim time should start at the date the company had gone into liquidation, as I couldn't put a claim in before this, but this wasn't accepted.

I'm not aware of a time limit for Section 75 claims.

My letter from Lloyds says "the company" is disputing the chargeback, which I assumed meant DJ Models (or the liquidator), but am not certain about this.

Thanks for that - so have people been refunded for Class 92's and who have been the card providers?  According to a Bank Card trade body, that another RMwebber advised me of - then upto 6 years is possible for a claimback.

It would be good to get a list, of whom has been refunded and by which banks.  If some banks are, then surely a precedence has been set.

Regards,

C.