Crowdfunding: Reclaim via Credit Card

Damo666

12 hours ago, delticfan said:

Don’t you just wish DJ Models was removed from the forum list. He doesn’t even exist anymore and we would all be glad to see the back of him.

No. 

10 hours ago, mdvle said:

Despite the issue of the failure of DJ Models, the threads likely do have valuable information in them and as such it would be a shame to lose that information

9 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

I agree.

For example, now that Hornby are producing the APT-P,  information about the prototype from the DJM thread has usefully contributed to the discussion on the Hornby thread.

I also agree. I’ve used the DJM threads recently when considering purchases. So they still have genuine historical and current value. 

Edited by truffy
  • Like 2
  • Agree 4

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, muddys-blues said:

Hence it seems any criticism of a manufacturer or its products are met with some form of moderating.

Only when such content is incorrect, libellous or abusive. I'm fed up of seeing that perpetuated by those who know precisely nothing.

53 minutes ago, muddys-blues said:

I suppose BRM have a duty to make sure the hand that feeds doesn’t get bit by the baying hounds of this forum.

You make it sound as though it was a generous hand that fed us when, in reality, it was a case of seeking some reward for the pain inflicted.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• Administrators
1 hour ago, muddys-blues said:

I suppose BRM have a duty to make sure the hand that feeds doesn’t get bit by the baying hounds of this forum.

Hence it seems any criticism of a manufacturer or its products are met with some form of moderating.

Blimey, you've not spent long on RMweb if you think that there's never any criticism of products here...

• Agree 3
  • Funny 16

• 2 weeks later...

Received my credit card refund notification through the post yesterday.

Whilst it has taken quite a while, it was a nice surprise to final reach the resolution I was hoping for.

Good luck if you are still chasing similarly!

• Like 10

• 2 months later...

Just received an email from the joint liquidators, CG&Co., who advise that a dividend will not be paid to unsecured creditors as there were insufficient funds to meet the costs and expenses of the liquidation.

Another post here gives some more information on how much money was in the accounts..

• Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...

Hiya, 

Sorry I am late in joining this post. Could someone please help me to answer this question from my credit card company:-

Thank you for the email. I apologise for the delay in replying.

"Please can you provide the following information:

·        Expected date for the goods to be received?"

I don`t know if we were ever given an expected release date, unless I have missed that somewhere along the way.

Thank you, David

• RMweb Gold

Which item(s) did you order?

Your card company may be trying to establish whether the goods might be ready soon. If that is the case, then you need to point out that irrespective of when they were due, DJM has gone into liquidation and your item will NEVER be delivered.

18 hours ago, veggie said:

Hiya, 

Sorry I am late in joining this post. Could someone please help me to answer this question from my credit card company:-

Thank you for the email. I apologise for the delay in replying.

"Please can you provide the following information:

·        Expected date for the goods to be received?"

I don`t know if we were ever given an expected release date, unless I have missed that somewhere along the way.

Thank you, David

As you say, we probably didn't have a release date.  I was asked the same question, making claim for N gauge Kings in June 2019.  I said "towards the end of the year", and they were happy.

Edited by dave_7820
typo - got year wrong
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, 

Thank you for the replies. Can anyone help me please answer the following two questions or how to go about answering them:-

To review the claim, please can you forward the following information:

·       Confirmation from the administrators that you did not receive your order

·       The information you sent does not show an expected delivery date for the goods? Please advise on this.

Thank you in advance.

David

On 25/08/2020 at 12:22, Colin_McLeod said:

Which model did you order? If it was one of the models never made I'm sure we an find a update from DJModels that evidences what you need.

Thanks Colin it was the infamous APT. But how would I go about getting confirmation from the administrators that I did not receive your order. Sorry For the late reply, only I am running back and forwards trying to look after my Mum during this virus.

Many thanks, David

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 29/08/2020 at 21:29, veggie said:

Thanks Colin it was the infamous APT. But how would I go about getting confirmation from the administrators that I did not receive your order. Sorry For the late reply, only I am running back and forwards trying to look after my Mum during this virus.

Many thanks, David

@veggie you  have a PM