Crowdfunding: Reclaim via Credit Card

Damo666

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, oleander said:

about a month ago
John

You've not helped yourself really by waiting 6 months. Also by calling him a crook in public when there's no criminal conviction leaves you open for him to come after you for libel.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, oleander said:

As it was a LTD company can take the crook David Jones to court.

As pointed out by the moderator, it would be wise to be careful about accusations that could cause you trouble.

Generally speaking when companies go out of business for financial reasons there are usually customers who end up out of money - that isn't a criminal offense and doesn't make the people running the companies criminals.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, AY Mod said:

You've not helped yourself really by waiting 6 months. Also by calling him a crook in public when there's no criminal conviction leaves you open for him to come after you for libel.

he has not let any one know he went out of buiness . He not passed on details to liquidation company so that can not contact people. To this day they still dont know 100% of people he ows money to. They did prase the work of this forum as thats help them alot. The Liquidation company has asked him several times for details and he not coperated. Is that the sine of an honest buisness man or some one trying to screw people. There will be people still out there that are non the wiser about what happened to there payments . Had he notifed people I would have fallen in the 120 day given by the bank. So I stand by my orignal comment and he can take me to court if he want to .

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just what I hope is taken as a helpful suggestion for AY mod.

Given that (it seems) the majority of comments relating to this manufacturer/supplier relate to some aspect or other of its demise and further that until the last 24 hours we had only one post in over two months, perhaps the time has come for it to be removed from the Products and Trade area or at least relegated to the Smaller Suppliers section. If it is deemed important to sustain a postbox for advice relating to the advantages or otherwise of crowdfunding then perhaps separate it from the section devoted to this particular company since, as has been stated elsewhere, this could happen to anyone. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Tramshed said:

perhaps the time has come for it to be removed from the Products and Trade area or at least relegated to the Smaller Suppliers section. 

It's a fair point which I'll consider, maybe we need an Obituary subforum in Suppliers. ;)

• Like 1
  • Funny 15

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, oleander said:

he has not let any one know he went out of buiness . He not passed on details to liquidation company so that can not contact people. To this day they still dont know 100% of people he ows money to. They did prase the work of this forum as thats help them alot. The Liquidation company has asked him several times for details and he not coperated. Is that the sine of an honest buisness man or some one trying to screw people. There will be people still out there that are non the wiser about what happened to there payments . Had he notifed people I would have fallen in the 120 day given by the bank. So I stand by my orignal comment and he can take me to court if he want to .

You can't help some folk. Anyway you were around these parts at the time this topic was started so there's some contributory elements at play so sympathy is limited.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It's a fair point which I'll consider, maybe we need an Obituary subforum in Suppliers. ;)

:lol_mini2: I actually 'lol' then Mr York!  You could chuck a certain kit maker from Somerset in there... :lol: :mocking_mini: 

Edited by Brinkly
Typo
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, oleander said:

It is never wise to confuse what might be a simple matter of mismanagement or various problems in a business with criminality or even an allegation of criminality.

• Agree 9

33 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

It is never wise to confuse what might be a simple matter of mismanagement or various problems in a business with criminality or even an allegation of criminality.

I totally agree , in the case of Mr Jones he has not done himself any favours by his appalling behaviour, which appears to be still ongoing up to the current time.

It is very noticable that he appears to have disappeared from the face of the earth. Surprising as he was very full of ideas and what ended up as hot air when the company was trading.

He has'nt even had the decency to apologise  to customers for the companies demise .

What it has highlighted for the future is never pay for anything of value with cash or cheques. A credit card gives you much needed protection from such individuals and companies.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, micklner said:

I totally agree , in the case of Mr Jones he has not done himself any favours by his appalling behaviour, which appears to be still ongoing up to the current time.

It is very noticable that he appears to have disappeared from the face of the earth. Surprising as he was very full of ideas and what ended up as hot air when the company was trading.

He has'nt even had the decency to apologise  to customers for the companies demise .

Once the decision has been made to put a company under there are no good options left for the owner, and in a way only a bunch of lose-lose choices.

While an apology may have been appreciated by a few on here, most would likely have just reacted with more anger.

And while I haven't read this entire thread, the threat of legal action as expressed recently is always a danger in a case like this so the best course of action is to simply say nothing (which means in this day and age exiting all forms of social media).

• Agree 2

• Moderators
23 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Further consideration means there may be a need for more than one subforum:

• Of concern
  • Circling the plughole
  • Do not resuscitate.
  • Funny 19

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, micklner said:

Still alive and well on UK Airshow Review forum... 

• RMweb Premium

Fully agree.  Every time that a DJM thread reactivates or a mention of DJM is made, there is a thundering noise as a pitch fork wealding lynch mob suddenly descends to once again vent their spleens over the dead corpse...

It's all getting rather tiresome.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

Fully agree.  Every time that a DJM thread reactivates or a mention of DJM is made, there is a thundering noise as a pitch fork wealding lynch mob suddenly descends to once again vent their spleens over the dead corpse...

It's all getting rather tiresome.

Probably not tiresome to those that have lost their hard earned money in ordering items in good faith off DJM, I wouldn't expect any robust rebuffs from anybody at BRM, after all Mr Jones was putting into their coffers with his advertising funds.

A side question on that front, did DJM default on his advertising subs during the companies latter months of trading ? I doubt this question will get answered data protection and all that ^_^

Best regards

Craig.

2 hours ago, delticfan said:

Don’t you just wish DJ Models was removed from the forum list. He doesn’t even exist anymore and we would all be glad to see the back of him.

Despite the issue of the failure of DJ Models, the threads likely do have valuable information in them and as such it would be a shame to lose that information - and regardless of what people think of him the models he did manage to get done will continue to exist for a long time yet and people could come looking for information for years to come.

So yes, removal from the current prime place in front of everybody but ideally somewhere that can still be found via the search function.

• Agree 7

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, muddys-blues said:

A side question on that front, did DJM default on his advertising subs during the companies latter months of trading ? I doubt this question will get answered data protection and all that ^_^

If they did it wasn’t a significant enough amount for them to register with the liquidator, who filings are in the public domain at company’s house. On the flip side credit controllers for magazines tend to be some of the most proactive in my experience (second only to hauliers)....

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, mdvle said:

Despite the issue of the failure of DJ Models, the threads likely do have valuable information in them and as such it would be a shame to lose that information - and regardless of what people think of him the models he did manage to get done will continue to exist for a long time yet and people could come looking for information for years to come.

So yes, removal from the current prime place in front of everybody but ideally somewhere that can still be found via the search function.

I agree.

For example, now that Hornby are producing the APT-P,  information about the prototype from the DJM thread has usefully contributed to the discussion on the Hornby thread.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Please do clarify what you are insinuating. 

I suppose BRM have a duty to make sure the hand that feeds doesn’t get bit by the baying hounds of this forum.

Hence it seems any criticism of a manufacturer or its products are met with some form of moderating.

Best regards

Craig 

• Agree 1

I would suggest that as this is a public forum the moderators have a duty to ensure what is posted keeps within legal bounds which must be a challenge at times. Also with respect to inside info whether manufacturers or their own magazines there are legal and commercial aspects to respect.

• Agree 2