Jump to content

Damo666

Crowdfunding: Reclaim via Credit Card

Recommended Posts

I have just seen that my bank account has been credited with the £202.50 for the 3 Kings bought on my debit card (why I used a debit card I simply can't understand) through the chargeback scheme.  I have yet to receive any written confirmation of the basis of the refund, but I suspect it will be in similar terms to others.  I've added my info to the spreadsheet.

  • Friendly/supportive 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Barclaycard account was credited within 4 days of my claim with £67.50 for 1 King, there hasn't been any correspondence as yet on the terms of the refund.  I did send them a copy of the liquidators letter stating there would be no money in the pot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I successfully got my APT deposit back from Halifax using Debit Card Disputes. I'm being told by Nationwide that they can't do the same for my class 92 deposits as it's more than something like 580 days - has anyone else got their money back for class 92 deposits done on Debit card?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, daveahudson said:

I successfully got my APT deposit back from Halifax using Debit Card Disputes. I'm being told by Nationwide that they can't do the same for my class 92 deposits as it's more than something like 580 days - has anyone else got their money back for class 92 deposits done on Debit card?

Earlier in this thread someone said that day one doesn't start until the day you found out that the liquidators had taken over, this was confirmed to me by Tesco Credit Card however they are very slow and after nearly a month they have written to me asking for more information and then when they receive my reply they will allocate it to a Section 75 operative. They have asked what contact I've had with C&G  which is nothing, should they have written to me? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, viscount said:

They have asked what contact I've had with C&G  which is nothing, should they have written to me? 

 

If you email C&G telling them you had ordered items from DJM, they will email you a letter that confirms the company is in liquidation, should the credit card company need confirmation.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just received a credit of £248.99 from HSBC for a Section 75 claim for the 25% deposit on the 14-car APT model.

After sending the claim form and various bits of evidence I had to speak to them on the phone to more-or-less go

through the same evidence but was eventually told I'd have a refund in 24 to 48 hours. Refund subject to reclaim

within either 45 or 60 days (can't remember which) if DJ Models disputes it's validity - which somehow I can't see

happening!

 

I used the link https://djmodels.co.uk/product/br-class-370-apt as evidence of the original delivery date, and also sent

the very long liquidator's "Letter to Creditors" which I now note says on page twelve that they think "that no dividend will be available

to creditors in this case" . It might have been worth highlighting that line to the credit card company. BTW, CG Recovery did make note of

my claim when I phoned them

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to some of the posts on this forum regarding claims with a Debit Card, I have been in touch with Santander and after a long telephone conversation it does appear that my 2 payments to DJModels are covered by the Debit Card Recovery system, they are sending me a form to claim and they also want confirmation from the Liquidators, I have previously listed my claim to the the Liquidators so that is not a problem, I might add it took time to get through to the "right Select account" adviser ,because the first person I spoke to told me I was not covered, but due to the aforesaid posts have been  important in my quest to speak to the "right person"

So it's wait and see, I will update when I have news

  • Friendly/supportive 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi folks,

I'm not having much success in claiming my Class 92 deposit back. American Express have put a Section 75 claim in for me but the chap I spoke to says chance of a refund is low as my payment was via PayPal.

Has anyone else had a refund where a payment has gone via PayPal?

 

Regards,

 

Keith. 

  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

See my post above,   I paid by PayPal which was covered by my bank account card,  Santander have said the claim is covered via the "Debit card System" although they want proof from the Liquidators, and  will be then decided upon,

Also have look on the spreadsheet forum and you will see that some have been refunded having paid via PayPal

Edited by brittannia
clarification

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Crompton Power said:

Hi folks,

I'm not having much success in claiming my Class 92 deposit back. American Express have put a Section 75 claim in for me but the chap I spoke to says chance of a refund is low as my payment was via PayPal.

Has anyone else had a refund where a payment has gone via PayPal?

 

Regards,

 

Keith. 

Hi Keith - I paid via PayPal using a Barclaycard but when I wrote the letter to them, I made it clear that my claim was not eligible for a section 75 claim (because I paid via PayPal) and so I wanted to initiate a chargeback. If you look at the Barclaycard website you can see some useful guides as to the differences between a section 75 claim (not covered if you paid by PayPal) and a chargeback (potentially covered if paid via PayPal). I was refunded my APT deposit by Barclaycard, but this is 'pending further investigation' so it remains to be seen whether that 'investigation' will end in Barclaycard asking me to pay back the refund - we shall see.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the last few days I've had several people say to me, in person, how much appreciated this topic has been for providing collective information and support to assist others has been at a time when people may have been very much in the dark over what, if anything, they could do.

 

My thanks and those of several others are therefore given to the contributors.

  • Like 16
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Full refunds received from Nationwide, earlier payment via Paypal was dealt with under S75 and later direct by Chargeback. Big thanks to those on here providing the info to make the claim.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/07/2019 at 08:22, AY Mod said:

Over the last few days I've had several people say to me, in person, how much appreciated this topic has been for providing collective information and support to assist others has been at a time when people may have been very much in the dark over what, if anything, they could do.

 

My thanks and those of several others are therefore given to the contributors.

Thanks for posting this.

 

It's great to read about the various success stories, across a range of banking institutions. As the OP, I was hoping that I too would be able to quickly add my own success story but unfortunately my CC company, Lloyds, seem to be dragging their feet. I've had to chase them several times when they promised to come back to me with an answer. However, with the evidence presented on both this thread and the other CrowdFunder data thread, I will be armed with the data to push forward. It's interesting to know that refunds have been given under Section 75 and ChargeBack rules; on CC and Debit Cards; that timelimits are not always that, limited; and refunds have not been limited to one banking organisation.

 

The fight continues.

  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10 July 2019 at 16:57, philiprporter said:

Hi Keith - I paid via PayPal using a Barclaycard but when I wrote the letter to them, I made it clear that my claim was not eligible for a section 75 claim (because I paid via PayPal) and so I wanted to initiate a chargeback. If you look at the Barclaycard website you can see some useful guides as to the differences between a section 75 claim (not covered if you paid by PayPal) and a chargeback (potentially covered if paid via PayPal). I was refunded my APT deposit by Barclaycard, but this is 'pending further investigation' so it remains to be seen whether that 'investigation' will end in Barclaycard asking me to pay back the refund - we shall see.  

Hi,

I did ask about chargeback, told that chargeback is only valid up to 6 months. Is this what others are being told? 

Amex are usually really good and have been on previous occasions for other issues. The guy explained that PayPal breaks the 3 person chain that section75 relies on, card company, seller and card holder. He also explained that payment via Stripe, which is also an intermediary payment facilitator is not covered by section75. You often don't know that the payment is via Stripe when a transactions is made. One to watch out for if you can with your online purchases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Crompton Power said:

Hi,

I did ask about chargeback, told that chargeback is only valid up to 6 months. Is this what others are being told? 

Amex are usually really good and have been on previous occasions for other issues. The guy explained that PayPal breaks the 3 person chain that section75 relies on, card company, seller and card holder. He also explained that payment via Stripe, which is also an intermediary payment facilitator is not covered by section75. You often don't know that the payment is via Stripe when a transactions is made. One to watch out for if you can with your online purchases.

I'm not sure of the time limits, but it was either on the PayPal website or the Barclaycard website that it mentioned the time limit for chargebacks was 120 days, but that this could be up to 580 days (that figure is from memory so I may not be 100% correct as I am away from the desk at present).

 

Have a look at the useful Barclaycard sire (https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/help-and-support/know-your-rights) and scroll down to chargebacks and look at the example of Hassan - 11 months time scale. I made the point in my communications with Barclaycard that I was expecting the APT by the end of this year (not unreasonable given the repeated assurances from DJ - although now we know this was never going to have happened) and that we only found out about the liquidation of the company a few weeks ago, so in terms of time limits, the clock started ticking then as far as I am concerned - that's just my view of course, not necessarily a legal reality.

 

As I said earlier though, I am not holding my breath on actually getting the refund in the long run - it has been credited to my account (Barclaycard paid via PayPal), but 'pending further investigation'. I think the most important thing needed is evidence from the liquidators, so anyone who hasn't registered with them and is pursuing claim needs to do that - well covered here and on the other DJ thread concerning this issue. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been away from the whole DJM threads for a while, just skim reading the last few pages of this thread - are we now saying that you can claim for debit card refunds? I'm not going to worry if we can't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that is the case, you should push them on that time limit.

 

Chargebacks are not guaranteed by law in the same way a S75, but I would certainly make the case that although the transaction was x months ago the need to claim only just arose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, srihaggis said:

I've been away from the whole DJM threads for a while, just skim reading the last few pages of this thread - are we now saying that you can claim for debit card refunds? I'm not going to worry if we can't.

 

Yes, if you paid by debit card, put in to your card provider for a refund.  This will be via a chargeback rather than Section 75 claim.

  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I paid for my 2 class 92s with my PayPal balance and basically they've told me to pi55 o55.  Hopefully I will get my APT deposit back, so only £60 short.

Anyway, it's a lesson learnt, I won't be using PayPal anytime soon for anything other than cast iron stuff.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been told by nationwide that they are unable to process my claim for the APT and one class 92 deposit as it’s over the 120 day time limit for visa chargeback (no other reason stated).

 

Reply duly sent with information from the posts above and now awaiting a response ...

  • Friendly/supportive 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just been told by my Bank Complaints Department,that they are to credit my account  with £60, for  2 class 92s, but this payment is of a "good will" payment ,because they  felt they had handled my case incorrectly. Therefore they have not accepted any liability via payment by PayPal and my bank account paid to DJModels.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a phone call this morning from Tesco Credit Card confirming that they will refund my £308.99 via section 75, two class 92 deposits and one APT.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had mine refunded by s75. It is a "commercial" decision as they do not believe there is sufficient evidence to prove their liability.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just heard from Lloyds Debit Card Disputes that they are refunding my 6 car APT deposit of £162.49.

Can't thank you all enough for your assistance in recovering this money that I had presumed lost.

 

Cheers

Jon

  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.