C&L Finescale New 00 gauge Flexi track

hayfield

Over the past 6 months or so C&L Finescale have announced a new 00 flexitrack base, it was hoped to introduce this at the back end of last year, however there were issues in forming the keys as well as the chairs which had to be overcome (must be why no one else does it. There are two options main line where all the keys face in the same direction and single line where keys alternate, two sprues make up a 60' panel with 12" sleepers at both ends and the appropriate sleeper spacing's at the panel ends.

I had a message from Phil at the weekend that the issues with the keys had now been resolved and he now had given the go ahead for production to start, No photos just yet as the test shots are now at both the photographers and with the company who is making the track assembly jig. The tool is now being used to produce the sprues, Initial supplies are hoped to be available for the Perth show in a self assembly packs (as the track assembly jig is not due for a few weeks  

Announcement on the C&L website

New 16.5 ( OO ) 60 foot track panels flexi track was approve for production on 31st May 2019, I should have the first batch in time to take to Perth this will be in self assembly 2 and 5 meter packs with a number of rail options HINI Nickle Silver or Steel. Set up product lines on the website will follow shortly.

337.jpeg.bd983e1b801a2f178318755d1df4a117.jpeg339.jpeg.2ecf3eb5061b7675ed1230b184fb27d1.jpeg338.jpeg.7c27f1344047bc90cacbc69024bc2f7b.jpegThese are old photos of the 3D prints from the 00 gauge artwork

Also announced at Railex was C&L intention to produce track to the same standards in both EM and P4 gauges

716.jpeg.03da23f844ee703ad3ce4e825c7b28e7.jpeg715.jpeg.78574f29d099601c1618b1af072fc9fb.jpeg

Left hand photo of 3D test prints of both EM & P4 gauge sprues, right hand photo Close up artwork for the P4 track, I cut off the heights of the sleeper (1.5 mm) and chair and rail (3 mm)

More details to follow

• Like 1

I saw some samples at Railex on his stand. Looked good.
What struck me was what I perceived as a shiny finish to the plastic.

Not good for painting?

It may be because they were test shots?

Gordon A

48 minutes ago, Vistisen said:

But I' ve just finished laying track!

A simple solution is to build a new layout (only joking) 

Its been in the pipeline for months but there were plenty of technical problems thrown up by including the keys, which have taken ages to resolve, production is starting at a modest pace due to the complexity of the tool and getting used to how it operates. Phil hopes to have the first batch for the Perth show on a self assembly bases, as he will neither have the time to make up the 1 meter lengths of the jig to do so. Still its an easy but laborious job to do 

4 hours ago, Vistisen said:

But I' ve just finished laying track!

Turnouts are the main issue now, not an issue for those who are able to build them from scratch, expensive if you are forced to buy the pre made and assembled parts. 

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, hayfield said:

Turnouts are the main issue now, not an issue for those who are able to build them from scratch, expensive if you are forced to buy the pre made and assembled parts. 

I have built my points ( most of them), getting them to work well with a wide range of stock and pointmotors is tricky. I can not decide how much fettling is possible when the points and laid in situ on the layout, and when I should abandon the effort and build a new point. I can drop in as a replacement. I can find a lot of very useful information on how to build  points, but not so much on how to troubleshoot points that do not always work as intended. I can't be the first person in the world to be in this situation! I would be willing to pay the price of an airfare to Denmark for help in saving, ( 'bodging') the about 10 points that are laid.  

• Like 1

Start another thread and I am certain many will offer their advice. I think there must be a solution to your problems

Can I say it is much easier to test them prior to installing them by using the worst loco you own rather than the best. Also let the turnout/crossing set for a couple of days so the chairs relax back into position