7mm depot diorama

mudmagnet

• RMweb Gold

Having been pondering for a long while, I've finally taken the plunge and bought a Dapol 08, fitted with Digitrains (Paul Chetter) Zimo sound file, along with a couple of wagons. In the process of finishing the weathering on the gronk.

So, I need somewhere to run it! Only space at the moment is a small diorama 800mm long! It's a start though before embarking on a small shunting layout. Very much early days and doing a little bit as and when I have a spare hour or two between other projects.

One concern is finding a suitable driver for the 08 and having looked at the Modelu website, not sure which figure suits. Any suggestions?

P6050022 sml.JPG

P6050030 sml.JPG

P6050038 sml.JPG

P6050041 sml.JPG

P6050046 sml.JPG

• Like 14

Interesting project Richard, and as for the question, I have the same dilemma, I have a mix of Modelu and Tower in all the rest of my Fleet, but still nothing in the 08, so I look forward to seeing the answers and suggestions you get.

4 hours ago, 47606odin said:

I used the figure here I painted in orange, however, he needed amputation 

Same here,these are Bachmann figures,there is another bloke driving,but can't find a pic of him,both needed a bit of amputation and re-fettling but look alright in the cab.20190203_194654.jpg.eeff7a846e37e81a2e1ac0c121478ff8.jpg

20190313_145354-1024x768.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, hoover50008 said:

Who makes the TTA's please?

E

These are from PRMP kits. I've changed the buffers to spring ones.

Had a few issues with the kits but finished up looking good.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've just caught up on this thread, as I am always invariably late for any party.

Funnily enough, I was only thinking the other day that Orchard Road would have made a fine model in 7 mm scale and now look what's happening.

excellent work as always.

Regards

R

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

I've just caught up on this thread, as I am always invariably late for any party.

Funnily enough, I was only thinking the other day that Orchard Road would have made a fine model in 7 mm scale and now look what's happening.

excellent work as always.

Regards

R

Richard

Many thanks.

Yes, Orchard Road would work well in 0 gauge, but will be some time off before I would build a version on 0 gauge. I have a few other projects to be completed first and a small 0 gauge shunting layout is on the cards for the future. I need to collect some more locos first as only have the 08 at the moment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Another wagon rolls off the workbench, thankfully not onto the floor, but onto the diorama!

This time a Slaters Palvan. A very good kit and enjoyable build. Been a slow build due to too many other things, so only getting odd evening to build. Will buy another wagon kit soon, but not decided which one yet.

Palvan 1.JPG

Palvan 2.JPG

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've not had much spare time to work on the diorama, but had a few hours over the weekend.

Photos to follow tomorrow, hopefully.

I've added greenery along the front, which makes a huge difference. Also made a start on another building to fit along the rear.

I've also ordered another wagon kit, so will get this assembled in the coming week or so.

• Like 1

Just found this topic/thread, some very nice pics' and brilliant painting/weathering, i will deffo' keep a watch on this from now on:) I really like the 08...08 925 Modelman! I can't say  i remember seeing it with a White roof at SP but it must have been.:smile_mini2:

Edited by Owd Bob
spelling
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Not much to report, but I have been working on a different hoist. This one based upon one from Hitchin Depot. Mainly 3D printed in sections and assembled, with chain added. Even the hook is 3D printed! I've drawn these on a 3D modelling package.

Depot 007 sml.jpg

Depot 011 sml.jpg

Depot 013 sml.jpg

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3