Next planned Provincial Wagon

leslie10646

This is a bit cheeky, but before I invest a couple of thousand quid I don't have ......

Recent sales have been disappointing (obviously I'm doing something very wrong!), so before I produce another damp squib, may I ask?

My next planned wagon, intended for launch at the Blackrock Exhibition in October, is the 1950 CIE Cattle Wagon. My logic is that now that one can buy a RTR Class J15, folk will need something to pull behind it? So, what did they spend their lives pulling? - endless cattle specials from Fairs the length and breadth of the Republic.  The choice seems logical (with one of my GSWR brakes on the back, or even front and back!). But is it?

Any takers? I can't hold you to any number which you might buy, but it would be useful to know, please!

Maybe, if you're interested, you'd e-mail me on

lesliemcallister@aol..com

Thanks for your forbearance with me.

Leslie

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jhb171achil said:

When you think about it, rarely were cattle trucks seen singly!

A busy fair day could see a station choked with them, maybe thirty, forty or more....

What are you suggesting JB, that Leslie should only sell the kits in multiples of ten?

Not really, Kirley.... only an observation. For those of us who can, who have the space and time, a long line of them would add maximum realism, that’s really all I meant.

There could be someone else who just wants one as an example... you’d very occasionally get one stuck on the back of a local passenger train...,

OK, Jon, I'll get onto it (after the cattle).

Update on the live meat transport - We had a choice of three different CIE designs (at least), and have decided to do the unfitted 1950 version (the  two nearest to the camera). A conversion to the 1949 one - the further one in this photo, should not be too difficult if you have a yen to have one or two.103859364_05aBZ26174Cattlewagons1950and1949closeup.jpg.df0377caae6373f1be1f63e8cd2d158f.jpg

Watch this space!

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...

1159592421_0CIECattlePrototype.jpg.b2928fd722c758bc446e4fb73ff2b413.jpg

Hot out of the mould!

First photo of a built prototype.

I think it looks great, but then i'm biased?

Now, where can I find extra small Flying Snails? Rhetorical question! I think I can find some. Interestingly, I have more photos of them with "Broken Wheels" - which shows just how long they lasted.

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 2

Leslie

Your latest model continues to be of the high standard we have come to expect from you. The wagon in the photo posted by TheTurfBurner has Vac Brake on the side. Now, to the uninitiated, this looks just like your model, so is it an unfitted wagon that has been fitted with vacuum braking in its later years?

Stephen

Stephen (and other friends)

We took a decision to go with the unfitted version as it was the more common one.

Likewise, we opted for the 1950 one, as it can be very easily adopted to look like the earlier versions (less diagonal strapping and a few little pieces of Plasticard would do the trick!).

Three variants should be easy to do from our basic kit.

We'll make some suggestions with the instructions when the kit is released.

Thanks for the interest

Leslie