Class 58 CV Tweaks

Cradley Bridge

Hi Folks,

Have just acquired a couple of Howes sound chips for my Heljan Class 58’s and coupled with some XL iPhone speakers from Richard at Roads&Rails they sound great. Question is the acceleration/deceleration needs adjusting and also when they come to a stop, the sound file of the braking and engine sounds is a bit delayed - which looks a bit wrong. I’m guessing/hoping it’s a case of adjusting cv values but as I’m a noob as regards dcc tweaking, I’m hoping someone could help out? I’m using an NCE Powercab system.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Assuming your latest aquisitions are on the new Loksound v5's then the sound supplier should have reprogrammed their existing projects that were released on v4 decoders.

Some haven't done this and as a result sounds and speeds can be all over the place. You need to get back to Howes.

There has been discussion on these problems on the Loksound v5 thread.

19 hours ago, cravensdmufan said:

Assuming your latest aquisitions are on the new Loksound v5's then the sound supplier should have reprogrammed their existing projects that were released on v4 decoders.

Some haven't done this and as a result sounds and speeds can be all over the place. You need to get back to Howes.

There has been discussion on these problems on the Loksound v5 thread.

Nope, they are definitely Loksound v4 decoders !! Guess I’ll try and have a go at adjusting a few CV’s myself if I can find a Loksound guide on line and see if I can sort it - not the end of the world if I can’t.

13 hours ago, Photomunki said:

Nope, they are definitely Loksound v4 decoders !! Guess I’ll try and have a go at adjusting a few CV’s myself if I can find a Loksound guide on line and see if I can sort it - not the end of the world if I can’t.

That's strange. I had Howes reblow a v4 with their Class 58 just last month and it was perfect in my Heljan loco without any CV adjustments.