Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Roy Jackson

Brinkly

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, Denbridge said:

I totally understand. It is reassuring to hear there will hopefully be a future. One conversation I had with Roy gave the impression he thought it would end up being scrapped which I found deeply upsetting.

Roy used to joke about having a Viking style funeral with the layout forming a big bonfire and him on top.

He used to say that no other (insert appropriate colourful Jackson term that isn't allowed on RMWeb) would want it so it would probably end up scrapped.

Luckily for the world of model railways, especially the "Retford Mob" who have put many hours of work into the layout, others don't feel the same way and some serious interest has been expressed in taking it on. 

I am sure that many people will be interested to hear news on the layout, so when there is some, as long as no requests for privacy are being betrayed, hopefully something will appear on RMWeb.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, robertcwp said:

As Tony Wright has reported here, Retford has been saved.

All those who were involved with or fortunate enough to have visited Retford owe the new owner a debt of gratitude.

Robert, that post gave me a good reason for my first use of the new "round of applause" button. Excellent news.

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 6