WCML Intercity Swallow formation 1990

Hallo,

I've seen the following WCML MK3 formation on two separate clips in YouTube, and would like to know if this was a one-off set. The clip below has It starting at 4m25sec

DVT-FO-FO-RFM-FO-FO-RFM-SO-SO-SO-SO-SO-87

There is no Pullman branding on the FOs, however I was wondering if this a Manchester Pullman.

I'm sure there is an RMWebber out there who knows the answer.

Thanks in advance

es grüßt 

pc

This would be a MP set, whether it was a MP service is unlikely, I believe it had an infill turn between the peak services. If it was like the Yorkshire Pullmans the FOs between the RFMs would often be declassified on the fill in turn. Only in the Intercity Executive livery did the MK3b FOs have names and logos, they lost them when repainted into Intercity Swallow livery.

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, 298 said:

The coach just before the DVT looks like a BFO.

Stepping through the video frame by frame I’m pretty sure you’re right. The yellow stripe for first class doesn’t go all the way to the end and it seems to have an odd window arrangement. I believe the BFOs did run on Manchester Pullman services. 

Thank you for the speedy replies, yes I now also see the FO as a BFO. I will find the other clip in YouTube.

es grüßt 

pc

Found it: at 9m20sec, different set, as there is no BFO

Edited by Padishar Creel
Inset other clip

• RMweb Premium

In the first clip it doesn't head for Manchester, which would be off to the right, the way the ex Glasgow 303 came from.

In the second clip the train comig towards us has Inter City Executive liveried Pullmans at 10m22-26secs. One has the crest but no name, the other has both, but the preceding vehicle is plain Swallow. This could be the MP as it is slowing as if to take the junction.

Dave

Mk3b BFO 17171-3 were formed into Super Pullman sets WB61-3, although the formation for these was BFO-RFM-FO-FO-FO-RFM-TSO-TSO-TSO-TSO-TSO.

Rail 112 Dec 28 1989 is a good source for the WCML fixed formations from this period.