Lacklike Railfreight Operations Centre

• RMweb Gold

After having an operational N gauge layout as a teenager over 20 years ago, I though I'd see how my modelling skills were with a diorama, before embarking on an operational layout.  The aim was only to use items I had, either bits from the 25 year old layout that is long gone, or items I've collected over the years, each time with an aim of doing something with them, i.e. a RMWeb challenge, small terminus based on Buxton, both never materialised. (Having 3 daughters and a wife who works shifts and is doing a masters degree means I don't get much free time!

Decided that a redundant shelf, similar to a Lack Ikea shelf (but from Home Bargains) would form a suitable base.

Decided on an MPD set up, just so I could use it as a backdrop for the many locos I've collected over the recent years.  Thought I'd document it on here and it might spur me on a bit!

Landscaping started with discarded card packing from flat pack boxes.

Just about ready  to fix the ballast.

IMG_20181220_123523.jpg

IMG_20190410_112046.jpg

IMG_20190610_200515.jpg

Edited by Stuey
Amend title to correct name!
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Finding it really nice digging out stock I've done over the years and putting them on a bit of track with scenics. Here's a small rake of Ian Stoate BBAs and BAA with hot rolled coils loaded "eye to the sky"

IMG_20190702_123636.jpg

IMG_20190702_123535.jpg

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thanks for the comments. No progress, I keep planning on a proper layout but time is at a premium.

There have been a few additions to the stock box though

MVIMG_20200806_155243~2.jpg

PXL_20210117_104213111.jpg

PXL_20201001_113611306.jpg

• Like 3