Jesse Sim

Very early stages at the moment, but I am pleased to start a new topic for a new layout. The new layout is Allington Junction, which is on the Nottingham to Grantham line set in the 1930s and it is going to be an exhibition layout, also my first prototypical layout. 

The layout will be built by myself and Steve and Andrew Lee, who are dear friends that own and run a hobby shop in Pendle Hill, Australia. Some modellers down under will know of Woodpecker Model Railways. 

Steve and Andrew being avid Southern fans, I have pleaded into steering them towards an LNER layout, the main reason being that I have an extensive amount of LNER stock from my own layout Brighton Junction. This will be our first exhibition layout for the Australian circuit. 

The track will be the new Peco Bullhead, cut down to the correct permanent way, which I learnt from Graham Nicholas and mimicked for Brighton Junction. Andrew will be in charge of the layout wiring and the three of us completing the scenery. 

There is still much to discuss and plan, so I am asking if anybody has any sort of information regarding the line, the area in which is being modelled, or any photographs, could they please post it away? It would be a terrific help to the three of us, as it’s hard for three Aussies to pop round and have a look around the place. Many thanks in advance. Modern photos or  steam era photos will help. 

Many thanks again, it will be a slow progress, but progress never the less. 

88C56222-C6D3-4A06-9A42-957D73BE42EC.png

Edited by Jesse Sim
  • Like 6

Nothing to post about the layout itself yet, but I did start on a SEF J39 for Use on Allington and my own layout Brighton Junction. 

I should have a track plan in a month or so, and then baseboard planning. 

9359FEF9-E3A8-4C21-B15E-EEC1F6436AAF.jpeg

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Some excellent news this morning, Tony Wright has been kind enough to inform me that the C2 he has been building for me is completed awaiting an excellent paint job from Geoff Haynes. She will run on my own layout Brighton Junction, but will be used for Allington Junction as well. 

E46E903A-05C4-45DD-9448-1432B5403818.jpeg.77cb0890424b76181311fce05a4e42fc.jpeg

An update on Allington itself, planning is still underway at the moment, hoping to make a start in the new year on baseboards. Watch this space. 

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Jesse,

Looks like a plan. 

Here is a couple of pictures of the old Signalbox at Allington, this was demolished in October 2005 when the  Chord line was installed to clear Skegness trains off the ECML.

The Signaller is a colleague of mine and we used to both work there.

You’ll notice that the Stairs are in a different position to old photos on the Internet. Joys of Health and Safety.

All the best

Paul

4FA608DF-F917-4062-8B25-1AE1069A0E40.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Flying Fox 34F said:

Jesse,

Looks like a plan. 

Here is a couple of pictures of the old Signalbox at Allington, this was demolished in October 2005 when the  Chord line was installed to clear Skegness trains off the ECML.

The Signaller is a colleague of mine and we used to both work there.

You’ll notice that the Stairs are in a different position to old photos on the Internet. Joys of Health and Safety.

All the best

Paul

4FA608DF-F917-4062-8B25-1AE1069A0E40.jpeg

Wow, thanks heaps! 

• Thanks 1