LLC update from Steve

Phil Parker

22 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

I am just extremely disappointed that it all went belly-up, and the manner in which it did so.

Given that it was a result of illness that ended his business, Steve would likely agree with you. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, delticfan said:

I remember LLC selling the kits for the Class 04 which apart from the wheels and some fittings were basically junk as far as the etchings went

I bought and subsequently sold an 04 kit and I was convinced it was LLC but found the instructions the other day and they said "right price loco". Were these companies linked or completely unrelated?

Edited by Hal Nail

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, great news to hear that Steve has recovered well and is feeling positive and in the right frame of mind to pick up the next activities.  As everyone else has said, we need to be patient to see what occurs without any additional pressures.  Looking forward to see what happens.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, blueeighties said:

9 months without a whisper from those concerned. I would say the silence speaks volumes.

I am not giving up hope, in fact I am optimistic,  I predict Bachmann will be involved and be granted access to the Tooling and we will see  the 22 and Ruston  under the EFE brand

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Pandora said:

I am not giving up hope, in fact I am optimistic,  I predict Bachmann will be involved and be granted access to the Tooling and we will see  the 22 and Ruston  under the EFE brand

Will they honour my payment though? :read:

16 hours ago, Pandora said:

I think that qualifies as rather more than just "optimistic"!!! 

Minerva looked at the wreckage of the LLCo 22 project & walked away. :nono:

Dapol have done excellent models in 2mm & 4mm, yet their "Big Announcement" last year in O was a Class 66.  :fool:

It does make you wonder what it would take for a manufacturer to step up & do a 22 in O scale?? :dontknow:

Just please.... NOT Heljan!!!! :scared: :shout:  :cry:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

Minerva looked at the wreckage of the LLCo 22 project & walked away

They're not the only ones; several have. The design was deemed to be commercially uneconomic and unviable.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 20/09/2020 at 14:56, AY Mod said:

They're not the only ones; several have. The design was deemed to be commercially uneconomic and unviable.

If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. I thought that the plans for the 22 were overly ambitious for the price.

To be honest, if I were Steve I'd be more worried about protecting my fragile health in this current situation. Toy trains, viable or not can wait.

• Agree 4

4 hours ago, delticfan said:

For me the days of paying up front in whatever amount for some flight of fancy are dead. 

1 hour ago, Captain Cuttle said:

But he came across as genuine having produced the cl 15, what i dont undetstand is where has he gone to?

Agree with C.C. above. The Class 22 wasn't entirely just a 'flight of fancy'; Steve had produced a decent Class 15, & as far as we knew at the time, the Ruston 48 was imminent - actual samples had been produced - and although most of the Class 22 was just CAD artwork, test samples of body components had been made. It wasn't entirely pie-in-the-sky conjecture.

However things seemed to go rapidly downhill when it transpired that pre-payments for the Class 22 were being used for the Ruston instead, then it all went very quiet until this story of Steve's health came out.

Where I do agree with delticfan though, is about pre-payment & crowd funding. Once bitten, always shy for me - I for one will never join in such ventures again, no matter how much I want a model.

Edited by F-UnitMad
Spelling!
  • Agree 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Captain Cuttle said:

But he came across as genuine having produced the cl 15, what i dont undetstand is where has he gone to?

There are lots of reasons that a business fails. In the UK, 60% in the first 3 years. 

You are trying to suggest something nefarious - a little digging suggests this is unlikely and quite cruel to someone who tried his best to deliver a product to meet the ever escalating demands of modellers.

The project is dead and gone. Time to lock the thread unless there is anything new.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1