LNER B17 GE tender

I think i may have 'drained the pond' with all the photos i can get hold of , even going to the B12 at NNR, which is not 100% a B17 tender

What i am after is a picture of the front end of the tender showing the positioning of the Handbrake and Water scoops.

I have tried the NRM but no success, although that was a few years ago and there might well be additional photos come to light. Also the NB museum in Glasgow is a bit sparce in that respect, when i enquired, But as they appear to hold most of the NB details i feel sure there must be one somewhere

Anybody out there might be able to point me in the direction of my Holy Grail?

4 hours ago, Classsix T said:

Hi Bob. There are two organisations that hope to build replica B17s, for a small donation either might be able to help? 

C6T. 

I think both are getting LNER Group Standard 4200 gallon tenders that survived as departmental stock.

One definitely is.

http://www.ten.rhrp.org.uk/tens/TenderInfo.asp?Ref=245

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input. 

I do have  GA of the first batch of tenders ( GE style) for 2800-09 and that is where the anomaly arises

It shows the water coop gear on the LH side behind the driver (locos being LH drive) and using a handwheel. IIRC the B12 tender has the handbrake in that position with a 'bent' handle Having said that the LNER Pacifics have the scoop gear on the LH side with a bent handle

The B17 lot only have a GE Chassis.

Will have another go at the Scottish source. something may have surfaced since i last asked