Sign in to follow this  
rdr

is this a western ?, sound bite from Callan series 3 episode 2

i've been re-watching the old episodes of Callan this week and at 05:55 in series 3 episode 2 a train passes but i can only hear it not see it. Now i'm pretty sure it's a western, maybe other ears could verify this.

I'm not an expert, but listening on headphones the sound was quite deep (low frequency). I would say it was more like a Hymek than a Western.  

Yes single engined loco I think. Any idea which station it was filmed at? Somewhere in the orbit of WR class 117 I suppose.

the context of the program says Reading ish, but as we know it could have been filmed anywhere.

I was watching a few episodes from series 3 and 4 recently on DVD. They still stand up very well, both for storylines and for acting.

I'll have to dig out that particular episode and watch it again, although I do remember quite a bit of it.

I seem to remember one episode where Callan was driving along chasing a train, which I think was Class 33 hauled, or am I imagining?