Exmoor Rail 2019-The show next to the station

exmoordave

The Exmoor Coast Railway Modellers annual show, Exmoor Rail, takes place on Saturday 3rd August at The Minehead Eye, Mart Road, Minehead, Somerset, TA24 5BJ. Open from 10.00am to 4.30pm.  The venue is almost next door to Minehead station right on the seafront. Also the WSR is holding its annual Steam Fayre on the same weekend, so plenty to do all weekend!

There will be around 16 layouts, demonstrations, societies and wide trade support.

The first one to list is the fabulous Vale of Oxbury, pictured here. You don't want to miss this one!

Vale of Oxbury.JPG

• Like 5

Evening all!

Here's the list of layouts booked for this year's EXMOOR RAIL on Saturday 3rd August:

AMIENS 1918 - 009 - Recently featured in Model Rail

ASHTON MEADOWS - 00 - New layout

BICSDALE - 00

BROMEBERROW ASPHALT CO. - 009 - New layout

CARADON JUNCTION - 00 - Never been this far west before

ELLING - 2mm - First time exhibited

MOOSE CREEK - HO

MUTTON - 00 - recently featured in Model Rail

SOUTHURST - 00

TODMORDEN MIDLAND -2mm - Recently featured in RM & BRM

TORMOUTH QUAY - 00 - Recently featured in Model Rail

TRENANCE - 00 - Featured in Hornby Magazine

TUDWICK ROAD SIDING - 0

VALE OF OXBURY - 2mm - featured in BRM, Model Rail & Hornby Magazine 

WANTAGE NARROW GAUGE TRAMWAY - 009

WOODY LANE - 009 - New layout

Next time the list of traders will be published.

Best to all

exmoordave

• Like 2

Good evening all. As promised here is the list of traders appearing at the show:

ATTWOOD AGGREGATES - Amazing selection of ballasts in various colours and grades to suit most layouts.

COUNTRY PARK MODELS - Excellent selection of spares for locos - wheels, chassis etc.

DAVID SMITH BOOKS - new & secondhand books, plus photos, railway paraphernalia etc.

JOHN MAY DIECAST -  trucks, buses and cars in all scales.

JUST IN CASE - Wide display of display cases for all kinds of models.

KEITH'S BITS & PIECES - Range of hard to find items, all at keen prices.

MUDMAGNET MODELS - Scratchbuilt & 3D printed items. Incorporating 1 2 x depot diorama.

PENDUKE MODELS & SCENICS - Wide range of accessories, scenics, static grass, flocks etc, together with a unique range of painted figures.

PLATFORM 3 MODELS - Baseboard kits, switch boxes, control panels etc.

RAILROOM ELECTRONICS - The one-stop shop for everything electronic, plus tools, paint, glues, soldering equipment etc.

RAY HEARD MODEL RAILWAYS - The widest range in the south of England for new & secondhand locos, rolling stock, in 2mm, 4mm & 7mm.

Our show is close to the railway, but not quite THIS close!!!

20170526_074759.jpg

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know the following info:

SOCIETIES:

The EM Gauge Society will be attending, together with the GWR Society

DEMONSTRATIONS: 

The Weathermen will be showing differing weathering techniques on numerous items of rolling stock

Mudmagnet Models will be demonstrating various building techniques

Paul Taylor & John Anderson will be working on modern detailing stock 

20181112_211949.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to bringing Mutton along to the seaside. 

Rob. 

index-21-01-01.jpeg

20181125_151710.jpg.48f4ce3ecaaa9949496c4c04c8611e86-04.jpeg

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 6

LATEST NEWS!!!!!

It's just been announced that the West Somerset Railway/GWR are to run an experimental train service from Taunton through to Bishops Lydeard on several dates beginning on July 27th - and one of the dates is on the date of our show - SATURDAY 3RD AUGUST. So it will now be possible to travel all the way through to Minehead on the train!!! So it will now be even easier to get to the show - especially as the venue is next door to the station. The full details are on the WSR website.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A little over a week to go and I am in danger of having Mutton ready to go. 

I am normally still tinkering in the early hours of the morning of the show.......................

What have I forgotten..?

Rob

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just received some unfortunate news, DevonSeasisder of this parish has had to withdraw his layout "Tormouth Quay", due to health reasons, and of course as a friend all our club members wish Graham a speedy recovery. 

This leaves us with a gap of around 12' to fil (or juggle around!), so if anyone has an exhibition standard layout that they would consider bringing to the show, please PM me. I will say however that we have already reached our accommodation budget, and the possibility of actually being able to book anywhere at this time, would be nigh-on impossible anyway. I have already sent emails to a couple of possibilities, but if you feel you may be interested, I shall look forward to hearing from you.

With many thanks & best to all

exmoordave

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Sad news that Penduke Models will be unable to appear, due to sad personal circumstances. Our club members send the family their very best wishes.

As a replacement we have 360Railways.com, who will be displaying some of their terrific railway photographs, which will add a new dimension to the show.

Best to all

exmoordave

Disappointed that I've had to let Dave & co. down and pull out of the show but there was no realistic alternative under the circumstances.  Perhaps someone will pencil me in for next year - surely it will have cleared up by then  .  .  .  .

I'm hoping I'll have sufficient mobility & stamina to get over to Minehead for a couple of hours as a visitor - apart from anything else I'm going stir crazy having been penned up for so long.

Still, every cloud has a silver lining  -  I had "a session" this morning with the delightful Chloe.  She removed the bandaging, washed, massaged, creamed & generally fondled the offending limb, then re-dressed it.  By all accounts, many a government minister would pay a small fortune for such treatment but I got it all for nothing - isn't the NHS wonderful!

If you're anywhere within striking distance, do try to get over - it's always worth a visit.  It's a nice, friendly show and most of what people say about Dave isn't true at all  .  .  .  .

As a bonus there's a very good chippy just around the corner and proper old-fashioned shelters on the seafront where you can eat in peace, away from the attentions of the local seagulls.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Thanks for that Graham and hope to see you anyway, and certainly will pencil you in for next year, if the lovely Chloe can keep her hands off you, as I know what a babe magnet you are. I had another radio interview today, but sadly no groupies outside the stage door. I must order them, earlier next time.....ho hum...

• RMweb Gold

Just had a look on Streetview, the area around the station has changed a great deal over the last 40 years!

Best of luck with the show tomorrow. Unfortunately I fear that it is too late for me to submit the paperwork for day release this time.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

I shall provide a verbal montage over breakfast the following weekend, CK. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1