Rapido UK Newsletter

Frond

• RMweb Gold

The US does however make some very nice chocolate on the west coast...

i can highly recommend Ghiradellis, and also See’s Candys.. their box of “soft centers” are recomended.. but at $25 a box they should be good.

Edited by adb968008

27 minutes ago, Tramshed said:

Dear Rapidobill,

Some suggested filler for a newsletter. Perhaps you could give your slant on the tea/chocolate/cheese debate. At least it might steer this thread back on topic.

Well they could always make this and we'll stop talking about chocolate. :D

https://preservedbritishsteamlocomotives.com/avonside-engine-co-works-no-1977-cadbury-no1-0-4-0t/

Jason

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

It may have escaped your notice but Cadbury's has been American owned for years.

Now owned by Kraft who make that awful artificial cheese. :bad:

Actually its been owned by Mondelez international since 2011, Kraft having bought it in 2010 and then split its operation in 2011.The snack food operation was renamed Mondelez International at the split.

Andy G

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2 August 2019 at 23:32, mdvle said:

Latest North American newsletter (email only so far) states they are planning a UK newsletter for later this month in addition to the news that the UK Guy Arab bus is in production an expected at Warley.

It is now September so the "later this month" didn't happen and the last UK Newsletter is approaching its  first birthday, so if anyone from Rapido reads this any chance of getting a new newsletter insde a year?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

For those that have signed up then Rapido Newsletter Vol. 115 should have arrived, mine showed up Thursday afternoon.

Lots more to digest there, but the meat of the information:

Delivery Schedule

November: 1:76 Birmingham New Look Bus

..and the usual thrills and thfun...

Regards, Gerry.

Edited by steam-driven boy

3 hours ago, steam-driven boy said:

Hi,

For those that have signed up then Rapido Newsletter Vol. 115 should have arrived, mine showed up Thursday afternoon.

Lots more to digest there, but the meat of the information:

..and the usual thrills and thfun...

Regards, Gerry.

Just to be clear, the poster is referring to the latest North American newsletter having been sent out today.

There is still no sign of a UK newsletter, which is the subject of this thread.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Having watched the latest Rapido video (a loco unboxing), I noted the similarity of features (incl cab instrument lights) to recently announced UK products. Is there a chance that Rapido factories/design teams could be sub-contracted to be producing UK prototypes on behalf of other manufacturers? In a video ages ago Jason saidthat Rapido were looking to do work for other manufacturers given their expanding factory portfolio.

I'm especially minded that Rapido tweeted a picture of a Deltic in September 2018, while Accurascale announced theirs in November 2018!

Or am I just putting 2+2 and making five?

• RMweb Premium

2+2 certainly equals 4.

Revolution Trains' Pendolino, Class 92, TEA and PFA/KFA have or will be made by Rapido.

The RealTrack Models class 156 (and 142?) is made by Rapido.

The Model Rail Y6/J70 has also been produced by Rapido.

I've no idea if Accurascale have or do use them.

Steven B.

• Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, Steven B said:

2+2 certainly equals 4.

Revolution Trains' Pendolino, Class 92, TEA and PFA/KFA have or will be made by Rapido.

The RealTrack Models class 156 (and 142?) is made by Rapido.

The Model Rail Y6/J70 has also been produced by Rapido.

I've no idea if Accurascale have or do use them.

Steven B.

Accurascale does everything themselves is what I heard... They're fully independent.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Rapido also made the Realtrack 143/144, and time will tell regarding the 142 given that it has been delayed.

Revolution have since the above mentioned models gone on to use a different factory, and 1 or 2 products shifted from being done by Rapido to the new factory.

As far as I know the only connection between Accurascale and Rapido is that Gareth Bayer left Rapido to join Accurascale.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

I'm especially minded that Rapido tweeted a picture of a Deltic in September 2018, while Accurascale announced theirs in November 2018!

Or am I just putting 2+2 and making five?

2+2 = 5 most certainly in this case. Our Deltic is a standalone Accurascale project designed and produced by us. It is not produced in a factory used by Rapido. 

Just thought I'd put that to rest before it grows legs!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Neal Ball said:

My guess is that there will be a Rapido newsletter in the run-up to Warley.

Hopefully the buses will be out for Warley - maybe they will give us a new announcement.... 

A week ago on Facebook Rapido replied to a query about the buses saying available November.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, centraltrains said:

Think it's just come out! Can't find a link to it but it's in my inbox!!

Rapido usually waits a couple of days before putting it up on their website to give subscribers a bit of an advantage.

I am a bit late on this but a big thank you to Rapido for the latest UK Newsletter that was sent out to subscribers last week. I have just checked and it is still not available via the website, which brings me on to my next subject.

As others have already mentioned the website is woefully out of date so my challenge to Rapido is to update it as some of the information is just plain wrong eg stating that you can pre order a Stirling Single!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...