Mystery Location/Locos - Any ideas?

Corbs

• RMweb Gold

Mornin' all,

I've come across this photo of 3 pacifics but am unsure as to the location (and for that matter the class). Does anyone have any info? 

The two chaps look like they are posing for the camera.

Did the LNER use indicator discs?

2101900204_mysterylocation.jpg.190662181eb54ced208293ea32de5821.jpg

• Like 1

That is a very good "photoshop" there Corbs. if you look closely at either gentleman, you will notice that there is a visible out line to them, along with the lack of any background beyond the shed building.

to answer your location question, the are at New Romney on the Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch railway.
these will be the 15inch gauge, I forget the scale, pacifics that J P Howey ordered from Davey Paxman of Colchester, they are designed in the style of Gresley A1s, but the big give-away is the desigh of the tenders.

I hope that helps.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Well done, Catkins! I looked and thought RH&DR, but was completely taken in by the figures. I couldn't work out what class they were, being a bit sort of B1, but with a trailing axle. Too clever for me. I'm 70, so that's my excuse. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, sir douglas said:

i saw RHDR straight away but didnt see the figures "shopped" in until i read catkins post

Likewise, because I keep my laptop display slightly darker than normal to save battery power I didn't see tha figures.