Union Mills T9 and Prince of Wales

GeoffAlan

In my far too extensive fleet I have several Union Mills locos . In the last few weeks I've been spending birthday money on two more.

Both run beautifully, and like all UM locos, will pull fantastic loads.

The Prince of Wales, in Blackberry Black is fantastic with matt black smoke box and a deep, polished Blackberry Black on the rest of the model. The T9 in Southern Railway Green looks a treat next to the similarly liveried Maunsell coach triplet I bought last month.

While there's no online site for the make. A phone call to Colin on 01624852896 results in the well packed box arriving a couple of days later. For those N gaugers looking for a loco to run, and run, and run without issues, at a reasonable price and filling gaps in the market that the bigger manufacturers won't ever go near, I recommend you buy from Union Mills. Look at eBay and you find used prices at at least as much as the new price. A reflection of the fact that Colin makes small runs of a loco, then moves on, returning to older models when the market is there, and introducing new models at one or two or, if your lucky, more each year.

I have no connection with company other than as an enthusiastic owner and recommend in a spirit of helping my fellow n gauge modellers.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...