Rail Ex TAUNTON 2019 - 26th & 27th October

peterw

Rail Ex TAUNTON is organised by Somerset Railway Modellers Club and returns to Taunton on the weekend of 26th & 27th October 2019 and will be held at Taunton School,

Taunton School
Staplegrove Road
Taunton
TA2 6AD

All details can be found at the NEW WEB ADDRESS www.railextaunton.uk

or Facebook www.facebook.com/RAILEXTAUNTON/ 

or Twitter  https://twitter.com/RailEx25

Free parking (blue badge spaces).

Fully accessible level venue.

Fantastic catering in the historic main school restaurant

First aid cover

We believe we have gathered together a wide variety of high quality layouts and comprehensive trade support. We have 24 trade stands confirmed and we expect up to 30 layouts to attend. At the moment we have announced 18 layouts with details of the remaining layouts to follow when details are confirmed.

2019 Poster v1.jpg

Edited by peterw

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The count down has started to Rail Ex Taunton with 34 days to go. We have only just been able to finalise with the venue our exhibition space allocation for this year. We are pleased to announce that the show this year will be the BIGGEST Rail Ex Taunton ever with a SIGNIFICANT increase in floor space covering 4 exhibition spaces. Watch the website (http://railextaunton.uk/index.php) and this space for the final announcement/confirmation of layouts that will be attending.

In the mean time we can confirm the following trade stands will be in attendance this year so start writing those shopping lists,

Aspire Gifts and Models NEW FOR 2019

Attwood Aggregates

Book Law Publications                                                                  

Cheltenham Model Centre                                                         

C&L Finescale

DCC Trainautomation

Dirty Boy Weathering by Lord and Butler

Don Bishop Photography

Green Scene

H & A Models

Just in Case

Kato N Gauge                                                                                   

Keith’s Bits and Pieces                                                                  

Kytes Lights

Lynton and Barnstaple Railway Trust NEW FOR 2019

Megapoints Controllers                                                                               

Platform 3 Models                                                                          

Railroom Electronics                                                                      

Somerset Railway Modellers Sales

Ray Heard Model Railways                                                          

Severn Models

Tools 2000

Wessex Wagons

Weston Models

247 Developments                                         

• Like 1

The countdown continues to Rail Ex Taunton (26/27th October) which as previously mentioned will be our largest show to date with the introduction of a fourth exhibition space. This has enabled us to increase the layout allocation to 35 which does include a 50ftx30ft continuous run O gauge main line making its first operational debut. We hope the show provides interest for everyone with the layout list as follows,

All show details are available at the new web address www.railextaunton.uk

Aberdeen Kirkhill (OO) 

Angell Creek (ON30) 

Beckton (N)

Bewdley (OO)

Bicsdale (OO)

Bodmin General (N) 

Brighton East (EM)

Bromeberrow Asphalt Company (009)

Bryn Coed (009)

Bunbury Junction (OO)

Crossley Scrap (OO)

Draycott Lane (N)

Elmfield (N)

Evercreech New (O)

Hemyock (EM)

Hillbrow (009)

Kingmoor Park DRS (N) 

Lananta Quay (3mm Mixed)

Leigh St George (N)

Loftus Road (OO) 

Loudwater (OO)

Mutton (OO)

Old Elms Road (OO)

Pig Dyke Farm (009)

Readham (OO)

Ryders Green Wharf (009) 

Streatwell Green (OO)

The End of the Line (O/O14)

Tidworth (OO)

Tipyn O'Bopeth (009)

Tops Tor (N)

Westwood Yard (OO)

Wychwood (009)

Yate Rocks Tramway (OO9)

Zlata Vychod (HO)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

We're looking forward to sharing our slice of London by bringing Worthing MRC's Loftus Road along to the show, not long to go now!

_MG_3578.jpg.5d266a5064853288262062eba73f4b60.jpg

_MG_3550.jpg.60c36c93777289b7aa5440178415b39f.jpg

_MG_3648.jpg.1bfca44a7b525dca725b56df6db062fb.jpg

Our RMWeb layout thread can be found below here if you'd like to find out more..!

Cheers,

James

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Brighton East is going west for only its second exhibition this year, my choice as I have been having a bit of break, back to the normal 4 or 5 a year in January though.

Feature_5_copyright.jpg.5f442ce6a8c153af003734137779da72.jpg

Feature_9.jpg.10f147614a51d5ddd8c97145a8f65549.jpg

• Like 10

As previously announced - the show this year will be our largest ever show with 65 exhibits including 35 layouts to view. You may also want to use the historic school restaurant which will be providing the usual high quality meals including the Sunday lunch. With so much to see and do we are offering 2 DAY ENTRY for just £10 - either pay on entry or up grade at the ticket desk on leaving the show on Saturday.

All details of the show can be found at the comprehensive new web address www.railextaunton.uk  

We do hope you can join us and enjoy the show.

Edited by peterw
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just to remind you that 'Bewdley' is featured in the November 2019 issue of BRM Magazine.   Attached is another Bewdley picture.

Team Bewdley looking forward to the Taunton weekend. (AM)

20180717_150924.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to bringing Mutton along to what will be the largest show I've attended, to date. 

Some final tweaking going on before it all goes West..........!

Rob. 

20181026_214802-01-01-01.jpeg

• Like 7

Time flies - this weekend for Rail Ex Taunton. In addition to the 35 layouts and 25 trade stands we have some demonstrations and society/association stands this year.

Societies/Associations

009 Society: Full use of Exhibition Hall 2: Dance Studio with layouts and a society stand.

Great Western Society

Taunton Model Engineers: A display of locomotives and details of activities and progress with there new home in West Buckland.

Demonstrations

Scenic Modelling: Provided by Green Scene

Modern Modelling: Provided by CLevedon And Portishead Armchair Modellers (CLAPHAM)

O Gauge Locomotive Building:

Hope you can come and enjoy the show.

• Like 1

Yes hope to come down the m5 tomorrow for a few hours. Got a little shopping list of bits i want to get from railroom electronics  and i suspect Mr Heard will extract some money from me for something i never knew i needed.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm here. 

After a bit of a tricky journey down M4/M5, Mutton is up. 

Hats off to the lads here. I arrived very late and within minutes Mutton was unloaded with the help of many hands eager to pitch in. 

Top stuff. 

Now sat in Harvester having a pint. 

Looking forward to the next two days. 

Rob. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

I'm here. 

After a bit of a tricky journey down M4/M5, Mutton is up. 

Hats off to the lads here. I arrived very late and within minutes Mutton was unloaded with the help of many hands eager to pitch in. 

Top stuff. 

Now sat in Harvester having a pint. 

Looking forward to the next two days. 

Rob. 

Giving a helping hand to exhibitors is something we  try to do. Sadly when we take our layouts to other shows we find there is a lot less help. I come and have a look and say hello when I get a chance.

Don

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Weather is rather poor tonight, not surprised Rob had a tricky run down. Hope it doesn't put off visitors tomorrow.

I intend to come along on Sunday with our lad in tow and spend a good while enjoying the exhibits you have lined up, but it does depend on his levels of interest and patience. Hopefully catch a few familiar faces.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Ramblin Rich said:

Weather is rather poor tonight, not surprised Rob had a tricky run down. Hope it doesn't put off visitors tomorrow.

I intend to come along on Sunday with our lad in tow and spend a good while enjoying the exhibits you have lined up, but it does depend on his levels of interest and patience. Hopefully catch a few familiar faces.

I will keep an eye out for you Rich.

Don

• Thanks 1

Another brilliant show, it just improves every year - well done chaps!

Took a few pics but they're rather poor compared with what's already on the website.  There was far too much to see in my 4½ hour visit, so I probably missed a few.  My highlights were:

• the tiny working TVs in the electrical shop and many other novel details on Old Elm Road
  • stunning Brighton East (at last I get to see it - thanks Kipford, hope your gremlins left when I did!)
  • small but great Crossley Scrap
  • technically intriguing and strangely compelling The End of the Line
  • and the simple but very effective (brrr!) Tops Tor.

I would've liked to have properly viewed Loftus Road, but the combination of dim lighting and crowds made it difficult - maybe another time/place?  And Bewdley was very impressive, with a good period 'feel'.

But very sad to hear - belatedly, must be living under a rock - that the prolific artist Alan Ward died last January, such a kind man.  RIP Alan.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1