2 hours ago, Tom F said:

It is indeed. I think it would have made him smile to have been upgraded from a mobility scooter to a crawler tractor!

81628742_10157156642622984_5086370416776183808_o.jpg

We all have our ways of commemorating lost loved ones. My great-grandad and grandad both have locomotives named after them.

• Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, RedGemAlchemist said:

We all have our ways of commemorating lost loved ones. My great-grandad and grandad both have locomotives named after them.

And coincidentally, I've just named my 009 Bagnall fireless loco after a dear and much-missed friend who died suddenly last November, who had a keen interest in fireless locos.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Paul_sterling said:

Lovely work Tom, 

Can I ask, what chassis are you using on Thomas please? 

Thanks, Paul.

Many Thanks Paul

It's a Jinty Chassis, it's required some packing to get it to sit right, but I'm happy so far.

IMG_7345.jpeg.a5bfdd9c317798f0f88bafb54a7f4276.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant, Thanks Tom. 

I had my suspicions that it would be a Jinty Chassis. My Sons Thomas, despite being brand new, runs like a bag of balls over set-track points, and changing to a Bachmann Chassis did occur to me as well. 

Is the bodyshell a replacement as well or just a Hornby shell primed please?

cheers, Paul. 

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, Paul_sterling said:

Brilliant, Thanks Tom. 

I had my suspicions that it would be a Jinty Chassis. My Sons Thomas, despite being brand new, runs like a bag of balls over set-track points, and changing to a Bachmann Chassis did occur to me as well. 

Is the bodyshell a replacement as well or just a Hornby shell primed please?

cheers, Paul. 

It's a 3D printed one by Sparkshot Custom Creations, the dimensions are very different to the Hornby one which was stretched to fit an existing chassis. The one Tom has is a freelance variant of the E2 with a modified cab and splashers.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Corbs said:

It's a 3D printed one by Sparkshot Custom Creations, the dimensions are very different to the Hornby one which was stretched to fit an existing chassis. The one Tom has is a freelance variant of the E2 with a modified cab and splashers.

Thanks Corbs, 

I would probably cut down the Thomas shell to fit if I go down this road.

Cheers, Paul. 

6 hours ago, ahardy said:

That looks fantastic. Any chance I can use your image of No.7 with our crew on our website/social media streams?

Thanks

Andy

Yeah by all means! :)

12 hours ago, RedGemAlchemist said:

Shouldn't there be four? Daisy seems to be absent.

8 hours ago, Joseph the L&YR lover said:

Five if you count Mavis

I’m modelling in the Autumn of 1959 during the events of book 15 ‘The Twin Engines’. Daisy doesn’t arrive until 1960/61.

The same for Mavis, who arrives I believe the year after Daisy (although doesn’t appear in book form until 1972). Plus she isn’t an NWR engine, belonging to Anopha Quarry, but I’m being pedantic! ;)

13 minutes ago, Tom F said:

I’m modelling in the Autumn of 1959 during the events of book 15 ‘The Twin Engines’. Daisy doesn’t arrive until 1960/61.

The same for Mavis, who arrives I believe the year after Daisy (although doesn’t appear in book form until 1972). Plus she isn’t an NWR engine, belonging to Anopha Quarry, but I’m being pedantic! ;)

Maybe the quarry had something before Mavis :wink_mini:

17 minutes ago, Aire Head said:

Maybe the quarry had something before Mavis :wink_mini:

@BritishGypsum4 and I had theorised one of the coffee pots could be still working up there....possibly.

However, I personally think Mavis was introduced because the workload was too much for Toby to be shunting at the Quarry as well as his other duties on the branch.

Edited by Tom F
  • Like 1