WC "Bideford" Shed Code?

Right Away

• RMweb Gold

The illustrations of Hornby's R3638, WC No 34019 Bideford show it carrying a 71D shed plate - Fratton 1950-1954?

(That would have made the timbers of Langston Bridge creak a bit before she dropped into the Harbour!)

As modelled in its final guise, the locomotive would have been shedded at Brighton, Salisbury, Feltham, Eastleigh and Nine Elms (BR Database Info).

Would any member know if the production models have a feasible shed code.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for that Bagnal.

It's not an issue which couldn't be altered if so desired; one of those tiny niggles which needn't have occured with a little more attention to research.

A relatively expensive model (although Bure Valley Models are currently offering them at £138), it should be accurate in the respect of allocation.

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Right Away said:

Thanks for that Bagnal.

It's not an issue which couldn't be altered if so desired; one of those tiny niggles which needn't have occured with a little more attention to research.

A relatively expensive model (although Bure Valley Models are currently offering them at £138), it should be accurate in the respect of allocation.

OK, applying a shed-code that ceased to exist five or six years before Bideford had its tender modified and received the late BR emblem is a bit of a howler. Fratton became 70H in 1955, and (AFAIK) never had any Bulleid Pacifics on its strength anyway.

However, during the time 34019 existed in the form portrayed by the model, it was allocated to five different sheds, Brighton, Salisbury. Feltham, Eastleigh and Nine Elms. Is having a shed-plate that's wrong for all potential buyers rather than just 80% of them really such a big deal? I never bother changing shed codes on anything simply because I don't spend long enough with my nose up against the front coupling for it to matter.  

John

• Like 4