SWAG Summer 2019 evening meal

• RMweb Gold

Greetings all,

Following the most convivial gathering at Chi, Kenton (between Exeter and Dawlish) last summer, I have again arranged for a group booking at Chi, the Chinese restaurant in the village of Kenton on the A379, between Exeter and Starcross.

Their website is here - https://www.chi-restaurant.co.uk/

The date of our gathering is Friday 28th June 2019, which is the evening prior to the Exeter Model Railway show.

As with last year, I have booked a table for 1830 hrs and I will need to confirm numbers with them a couple of days before, but I have provisionally booked it for 12 people (based on previous attendances at such events).

The restaurant have asked that if anyone in the group wishes to partake of anything other than one of their set menus, they will need to be informed a day or so in advance, in order to expedite the serving of food on the night. If you wish to check their menu, it should be on their website, but the last time I took a group there, we found their set menu more than adequate (and delicious!).

If you are going to order anything from their menu 'on an individual basis', please arrange this DIRECT with the restaurant, but do please also let me know.

Please could you PM me or reply on this thread, if you would like to come and I look forward to seeing you there!

Many thanks.

PS. Just to remind those that aren't already aware, that 'Chi' also does accommodation, so if you wish to stay over, I'll leave it for individuals to make their own arrangements, directly with the restaurant.

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello Captain (from a warm and sunny Sardinia, with not a hint of precipitation) I would very much like to join you again on the 28th for the gathering. 

I look forward to catching up with you all again there.  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Best of luck for this evening, chaps.  

Once again,  work prevent my attending at this most convivial gathering. 

Rob. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks as always for the good Captain for organising. As usual it was an excellent evening of good food, great company and varied conversation (I even mentioned the proper railway, *cough* SR, a few times and got away with it) 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2