Autotank spares

trainsandco

So I recently decided to run my GWR autotank on DCC without a chip in it, as I got impatient waiting for a chip to arrive (dumb move, I'm aware - even more so now). Because of this, I think I've blown the motor - it starts to spin but then slowly dies out and shorts out the DCC system (it has a chip in now).

So I was just wanting to ask is this definitely the motor blown? And where could I get a new one from?

I know there's the option of the highline chassis, but I don't want to commit to that unless I've exhausted the new motor route.

Cheers

Ben

As it is a Hattons model I would try them first.

If they don't keep the spares themselves they might know who does.

A second line might be Digitrains, who have WD saddletank spares, though that might not include motors.  Digitrains are at Quorn this weekend, so your answer might depend who is in the shop.

Hope this helps.

Les

• RMweb Premium

I'very posted the thread before (2-3 weeks back) but can't find it now, but I'm pretty sure that Digitrains have DJM spares.

Edited by spamcan61
Found it

Cheers guys, I have already tried Hattons and they suggested local modelling groups and peters spares (which don't actually stock any djm spares), but will definitely have a look into digitrains.

Thanks for the head ups

Trainsandco

• RMweb Gold

I thought DJM had a batch of duff runners that he was trying to punt out at shows. Maybe the liquidators have some old stock they would sell off? I'be happy to give them a tenner for a spare body.

51 minutes ago, 57xx said:

I thought DJM had a batch of duff runners that he was trying to punt out at shows. Maybe the liquidators have some old stock they would sell off? I'be happy to give them a tenner for a spare body.

No doubt at some time this will be offloaded onto someone willing to handle the spares/NQPs.  I suspect we will find out who in due course, but I'm not convinced it will be sooner rather than later.

Les

• Agree 1