Kings cross book

Hilux5972

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

looking at getting this book to help with my Kings Cross model. Has anyone seen this book or owns it? What’s it like picture wise etc. Any station or track plans in it? 

Cheers

CA9B4C45-DD90-4D14-8109-F23D675595C1.png

• RMweb Gold

Not seen that one but if your period is just post-steam then the Kings Cross Second Man book by Norman Hill (Pen & Sword) may be worth the £30. No plans but plenty of photographs and lots of info' on loco diagrams and how the station and local yards were operated. A book I have just read and have written up my review for the next SLS Journal and it isn't bad. Ideal for someone like you needing info' geographically targeted. Lovely snippets, for example I either never knew, or have forgotten, that even into diesel days freight was banked up to Holborn Viaduct by an 08 that sat between trains in a spur off the Met' widened lines.

Edited by john new
Typo corrected
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Hi all

looking at getting this book to help with my Kings Cross model. Has anyone seen this book or owns it? What’s it like picture wise etc. Any station or track plans in it? 

Cheers

The updated Irwell press book is very good.

https://www.booklaw.co.uk/shop/index.php?id_product=3500&controller=product

What time period are you looking at for a track plan ? I have several early ones.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the information everyone. The period I’m going for is early 2000’s but it’s not going to be an exact reproduction of the trackwork. As long as I can get the feel of the maze of crossings then ill be happy enough. Will check out the NLS website and that book from Irwell too. 

Cheers 

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

Thanks for the information everyone. The period I’m going for is early 2000’s but it’s not going to be an exact reproduction of the trackwork. As long as I can get the feel of the maze of crossings then ill be happy enough. Will check out the NLS website and that book from Irwell too. 

Cheers 

2011594853_wholestation.JPG.667fdd0910fdd25b83e4048c23ff7638.JPG

Like this.