Sources of locomotive scale drawings

Hello

I'm new to the forum so apologies if this isn't in the correct location.

I'm looking for tips, suggestions and advice for sources of drawings for Class 37, 73 and 66.

Would anyone have any recommendations of where these have been published or are available from?

On a similar topic, would anyone know of similar resources for drawings of the English Electric 4SRKT and 12CSVT of these locomotives too?

If anyone has items they can share with me too that would also be great

thanks and kind regards

Shimon

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Shimon said:

Hello

I'm new to the forum so apologies if this isn't in the correct location.

I'm looking for tips, suggestions and advice for sources of drawings for Class 37, 73 and 66.

Would anyone have any recommendations of where these have been published or are available from?

On a similar topic, would anyone know of similar resources for drawings of the English Electric 4SRKT and 12CSVT of these locomotives too?

If anyone has items they can share with me too that would also be great

thanks and kind regards

Shimon

What sort of diagram do you want? There are plenty of outline drawings of the diesel classes you mentioned in magazines and books and possibly online too.

But I see you want drawings of the actual engines fitted to locomotives too. Rhile they probably exist, they'll be harder to find.

Hi Kevin,

For the locos, I'm looking for outline drawings but to a scale and also showing the equipment layout underneath the solebar etc.

I've found some drawings so far but they are usually without a scale or are only for vehicle length and not width or height.

Engines are indeed trickier as you say but keen to try to find something.

Any recommendations of books or magazines that have published these?

If you want a super-detailed drawing of a 16SVT then the best one currently available is probably the 1/10th scale drawing in "LMS Locomotive Profiles" No:9 - Main Line Diesel-Electrics 10000 & 10001, by David Hunt and published by Wild Swan. 

14 hours ago, Miss Prism said:

British Rail Main Line Diesel Locomotives, Colin Marsden and Graham Fenn, OPC

I would take this book with a massive health warning as a large proportion of the drawings are incorrect or at best include a substantial amount of artistic interpretation. Actual engineering drawings of Diesels are very hard to come by and with exception of the LMS twins very little has been published that emanates from reliable sources.

Regards

Mark Humphrys

Hi

Thanks all for the fabulous tips!

I've found "LMS Locomotive Profiles" No:9 - Main Line Diesel-Electrics 10000 & 10001" on Amazon but it's currently out of stock.

Would anyone happen to have a copy they would be willing to lend me or scan a copy and post?

Thanks