Glossy P2 To Be Renamed

DonnyRailMan

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job.

They do run better with a 5-pole, and you just feel that extra control the flywheel takes away in the interests in smoothing it out.

Quite a reasonable gauge wire selection by the looks of it - any flexibility issues?

Any thoughts of adding more weight to the tender - I always like to get tender weights up to proportionately correspond with the locomotive, which I'll normally add a little to as well?

Al.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for kind words , I am very pleased with job did to say very first time for both jobs. Yes 5 pole much better the cheap 3 pole. Had 5 pole put inin original TTS P2 by Tag . Not got round to running in yet (ie) flexabilty. I will had weight to the front set of buggy wheels again . They run out of control like supermarket trolley wheels. 

On 30/06/2019 at 12:41, atom3624 said:

Nice job.

Quite a reasonable gauge wire selection by the looks of it - any flexibility issues?

Al.

Hi Al.

I was lucky just ran new motor in and not fexibilty issue.

6 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

A cube speaker could probably fit in the smokebox then the sound would come from the correct end of the locomotive. 

Thank you for information, but would I benefit from the cube over the Hornby TTS speaker.  

This is going to sound a bit strange ....

I'm not one of the 'satin looks right' brigade - it doesn't - simples!!

Satin and 'weathered' I AGREE 100%.

I love to see a sparkling locomotive, but that's probably most-right just outside the engine sheds, after a good scrub down.

Pulling a rake, there should be some carbon deposits across the top at least - to add to the realism, but what a fantastic-looking locomotive!!

Al.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

I love to see a sparkling locomotive, but that's probably most-right just outside the engine sheds, after a good scrub down.

Pulling a rake, there should be some carbon deposits across the top at least - to add to the realism, but what a fantastic-looking locomotive!!

Al.

Thank you glad you like the Gloss P2s looks.

On 06/07/2019 at 10:53, atom3624 said:

Al.

Thank you glad you like the Gloss P2s looks.

P2 runs smooth as silk now fitted with 5pole motor.

Edited by DonnyRailMan

• 3 weeks later...