Connoisseur Models N10 Tank

This posting is a little bit of a surprise because I wasn't expecting to do much with it. 

I have been using this kit when I demo loco building at shows, I would rather take one of my kits along than one that I am building for someone else just in case anything happens to it. 

Up to Saturday I had only managed to cut out the frames, remove the cusps and bend up the frame spacers (at Newton Aycliffe Show in March) due to being far too busy talking to people.

Although I did have lots of interest I seemed to really crack on with it after showing one gent how to solder up the boiler.

This build will get updated intermittently because I will be only working on it at shows until it's well on its way.

I think that this amount of progress in between talking to people really is a testament to Jim McGeown and the quality of the kit/fit of the parts.

48081064372_69d5572d1b_b.jpg

48081064187_167a2da7f8_b.jpg

48080966396_3262ef2291_b.jpg

48081063747_b3a0f74a84_b.jpg

48081063572_6a690e627a_b.jpg

I didn't take my rolling bars along nor did I have anything thicker than a scriber. So to roll the smokebox wrapper I had to sit and bend the etch between fingers and thumbs. Working steadily away until it reached the right shape. 

• Like 10