Tonbridge Yard today

Visited Tonbridge Yard on my way home today.

73963 and 73961 were stabled in the SITT sidings.

73107, 109, 136 were in the first loop next to Jubilee. 

66710 in the short loco siding. Track machine, grinder? in one loop.

Two loops in the down side  were full of FEA twin container flats, some looked new.

In the up side was a long rake of HYA hoppers (sand empties) and an 18 wagon rake of Ermewa JNA's (ballast empties).

As  I was leaving Evening Star reversed a rake of filthy bogie hoppers (sand empties) in.

The cripple road was pretty full too. 2 pairs of MJA twins, osprey wagon, JGA hopper, couple of JNA, an HYA.

There were also many stacks of new wooden sleepers about half with chairs already bolted on, some were plain timber whilst others looked like they'd been soaked in wood preserver.

Hope this is of interest...

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

I used to run across the bridge over Tonbridge Yard regularly; it was part of one of the regular courses we had to - out to the shallows along Haysden lane, along the Medway, over the yard and back to the school. One time I was attacked by a couple of Brookies who were hiding on the bridge. I was dressed for running away!

I think that the motive power back in the day was almost solely 33s and 73s plus probably an 08. Plus DEMUs occasionally stabled.

• Thanks 1