Yeovil Model Railway Group Open Day Sun 7th July

Hiluxted

Just a quick note to say that the Open Day for Yeovil Model railway group is Sunday 7th July. 

Please see the website https://yeovilmrg.org/ymrg-open-day-7th-july-2019/

why not combine with a trip to Yeovil Steam Centre who are celebrating their 25th Anniversary that weekend.

A bit worried about this item at the bottom of the page:

"Please Note that this is not an event open to the general public.  Due to increased costs of putting on the Open day including the insurance, we will be asking for a donation for entry."

So can we come or not?

Hi Tim,

Anyone who wants to come along is more than welcome, the problem we have is to do with Insurance which only allows invited guests, we have to be seen to be keeping a track of who we invite.

if you contact either Simon or myself on openday@yeovilmrg.org we can send you an invite out, it is as simple as that.  

Ed

9 minutes ago, john new said:

Is the venue at your club rooms near Martock (I'm guessing yes) or at the Steam Centre at Y Junction which also gets a mention as a possible second venue to visit? Not clear from your linked page. I'm not sure if I am free that weekend yet but it is a possible.

John yes you are right it is at the clubrooms near Martock but we know a lot come from small distance away like yourselves and not everyone is aware of the Celebrations at Yeovil Junction that weekend.

5 minutes ago, cp409067 said:

This looks to be an interesting event. Before considering applying for an invitation it would be helpful (please) to know the exact address where it will be held.

CP

It is just off the A303 between Yeovil and Martock, with whats gone on lately within the modelling world directions will follow the invitation. 

Ed

1 hour ago, Hiluxted said:

Anyone who wants to come along is more than welcome, the problem we have is to do with Insurance which only allows invited guests

Are you going to have some heavies on the door so the uninvited don't gain entry?

I'd heard rumours that you've held open days in the past but don't recall seeing any previous advertising in magazines or on internet forums.  Why the change this year please?

I have a prior engagement that day so won't be applying for an invite.  Perhaps another time?

3 minutes ago, guzzler17 said:

Are you going to have some heavies on the door so the uninvited don't gain entry?

I'd heard rumours that you've held open days in the past but don't recall seeing any previous advertising in magazines or on internet forums.  Why the change this year please?

I have a prior engagement that day so won't be applying for an invite.  Perhaps another time?

We don't have open days every year due to other commitments but they are normally posted to the website and Facebook pages. Some of the local clubs get an invite sent to their secretary or chairman to be passed within their membership. This year we have just found out that 1 club chair had decided that he didn't want his members going do didn't pass the invites on and we have been contacted by members of that club so in an effort not to try and miss anyone, we thought we would give this a go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hoping for invite (self & wife) but neither the request sent by email or a PM here has received a reply. 3rd time lucky posting into this thread.

As advised by guzzler below - issue now  fully resolved.

Edited by john new

Well that was an excellent day out, I'm quite jealous of the space.

You didn't mention the cakes that would be available ...

These 'open days' are the way forward, rather than exhibitions. Keeping the layouts in their normal environment maintains their temperature/humidity. It was noticeable how reliable all the layouts I saw were. Very very few derailments - and that was due to operator error.

Thanks for the invite.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Hiluxted said:

Any again John, thanks for your kind words. 

All feedback has already gone back to the membership and it means a lot to us. 

Ed 

Just a shame you aren't based nearer home or I would be joining; realistically you are based too far away from Portland to do the trip regularly.