NSE General Managers Saloon #975025, ex-Hasting Buffet, NOT the current green version

Hi,

Does anybody have any pictures of the following vehicle available that they would be willing to make available here please ?

The vehicle is TDB975025, the NSE General Managers Saloon, which is an ex Hastings buffet coach, and I'm interested in it BEFORE it turned green and got itself a facelift !

post-7088-127283425009_thumb.jpg

(This image is copyrighted to Shaun Bamford and is available to view on www.departmentals.com)

I have posted the above picture in the belief that this is permissable as long as I am not 'earning' from it, but please advise if I have misunderstood this ?

I am attempting to build a model of the vehicle and can not find much reference material out there.........nor do I know where I ought to be looking.

I have some excellent brass sides and cab ends here that have been specially made for me but need help particularly with the chassis and u/f boxes etc.

The last time I worked with the saloon, the kitchen staff dished up some stunning nosh..........for our jaunt around LUL territory !

Many Thanks in advance........

Dave

• RMweb Gold

The vehicle is TDB975025, the NSE General Managers Saloon, which is an ex Hastings buffet coach, and I'm interested in it BEFORE it turned green and got itself a facelift !

Are you an SEmG member, Dave? I suggest you join and ask the question on there. Greg Beecroft, who I think wrote the detailed book on Hastings diesels, is an SEmG member and he, among several other v knowledgeable types, may be able to help you.

If you need any convincing about the depth of knowledge, there is a discussion under way just now involving MLV shoegear....

Thanks for the replies gents.........

I'm gonna stick with traditional methods for now to get this together using fotopic and pre-acquired material.

It has occured to me that a lot of the underframe equipment must be laid out similarly to as it always was.......but I can use comparative reference to work this out for now.

Kindest Regards,

Dave

No nonsense kits was building a brass kit but Im not sure how far along this is, or if it's progressing at all, I understand alastair has been very poorly, I don't know if any other member have any info on this??? Dave

Hi dave , just posted this on another thread ( sorry for repeat ) re. saloons , is this the same one ?not a great pic for details but shows front end , I`m sure it was still blue /grey at the time ( nov 86)..here being shoved at speed through Sway by 33114..

post-6833-127342946116_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple in NSE sent to me by a club member, the saloon was attached to a 33 in Princes Risborough, someone on this group is building an O gauge version.

Ian G

Archived