New Mills (90's Railfreight / Speedlink)

Andrew P

New Mills  depicts a fictional backwater Junction with mainly Freight operation and the occasional passing Passenger Services and is set in the late 80's. It also depicts a couple of Sidings left over from when there was a large Goods Yard the other side of the Road Bridge and that are just about still in use.

Total length is 17ft including the two 46 inch Sector Fiddle Yards and a 9ft Scenic Section in the middle. The width is a mere 16 inches.

Here is the Track Plan, (REVISED with Platforms 27th June 2019).

872639296_TrackPlan.png.f2a61793cc85f1b2eec0f462c52f082c.png

And the final plan looks like this, with a curved front to the Layout and enhanced scenics.

1617617656_TrackPlan-MARKEDSIGNALS.png.a18e025fdc14912e73020255504ebc8d.png

Edited by Andrew P
add words
  • Like 19

2 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Andy

I am sure there is room for another two tracks. :blackeye:

You have gotta have a DMU, something like a 150 or a Pacer. :good:

I do have a 150 and a 153 mate, with SOUND CHIPS on their way as well, so they will be passing though.:good:

I did consider a 4 Track Main Line, but restraint kicked in.:D

• Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, lezz01 said:

Very nice Andy. 

Regards Lez.

Thanks Lez, I fancied a total change again for this one, and I also fancied the long curves that I liked with Kings Moreton, I just hope it pans out O.K.

1 hour ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Project X revealed!

The usual rapid rate of progress.

Looking forwards to see it in person next week.

Cheers, Ade.

Morning Ade, Yes give me a ring on Monday and we will set up a get together mate, it seems ages since the last meet up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, georgeT said:

Here we go again, looking forward to watching the progress, you have got plenty of room this time, like the no station idea...

Thanks George, There was going to be a Half / Quarter Station sticking out from under the Road Bridge, but it made it look far to busy, and also reminded me of Grundy Street, and so didn't want to be called a copy cat. haha:laugh:

Still plenty of room for some nice slow freight action, think Black Country Blues etc.

Agree with all of the above comments Andy, the pace of project X is amazing mate sure your getting faster is their a dead line :jester: whats the current record for layout builds in one year. :fan: .  You have got some really nice flowing track work in place there.....trains running next week I presume :tease:.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

You've missed something from the topic title Andy, you need to put "blink and you'll miss it" in there somewhere!

Mike.

Now now Mike, I don't do them that quick, and Seven Mills Sidings hasn't taken any steps forward in the last Month or so, but I do still run it now and again.

In fact I've got a 40 coming for that next week and some Sound to fit as well.

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, gismorail said:

Agree with all of the above comments Andy, the pace of project X is amazing mate sure your getting faster is their a dead line :jester: whats the current record for layout builds in one year. :fan: .  You have got some really nice flowing track work in place there.....trains running next week I presume :tease:.

Just test run the first one using Crok Clips, but at least some of it works, haha.:good:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Now now Mike, I don't do them that quick, and Seven Mills Sidings hasn't taken any steps forward in the last Month or so, but I do still run it now and again.

In fact I've got a 40 coming for that next week and some Sound to fit as well.

That'll get TOPS Rock'n  & Rolling and maybe even 'whistling' :scare:

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

This morning was spent fitting SOUND to the Regional Rail Class 153 and 150, then it was time to lay the Point and slow Goods Loop, this is not on cork, so there is a 1/8 difference in height from the Main Lines.

Then I cut the curve for the two Swivelling Sector Plates and fitted the sides to the right hand one, I'll do the left hand one tomorrow now I think.

IMG_8463.JPG.931be79628dff2eb08667e7fae0d9bb7.JPG

IMG_8464.JPG.5ca5879d70d9f5540714489738ee5945.JPG

IMG_8465.JPG.656c1ae5ec0d2f0a6add181d2d7d7a84.JPG

You did that...................cor your dad would have been proud.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Alister_G said:

Yep, your carpentry is definitely much improved :)

Looks good mate.

Al.

Thanks Al, The NEW SAW has certainly helped, and also learning how to use a tape measure is a bonus.

• Funny 4