New Mills (90's Railfreight / Speedlink)

Andrew P

The Layout's looking fantastic Andy, I like the half station and the two overgrown sidings in the foreground, perfect for parking and displaying items of stock. The track plan has a nice flow to it as well, I look forward to seeing some more pics and videos, always enjoy watching them.

Steve.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, sb67 said:

The Layout's looking fantastic Andy, I like the half station and the two overgrown sidings in the foreground, perfect for parking and displaying items of stock. The track plan has a nice flow to it as well, I look forward to seeing some more pics and videos, always enjoy watching them.

Steve.

Hi Steve, Thanks very much mate, originaly there wasn't going to be any Station or Yard but I felt it would have been a little to boring to look at and operate.

Loads more to come very soon.

Edited by Andrew P
add?

• RMweb Gold

The videos are great Andy ... glad to see you've got things resolved in the respect.  Just one query - this isn't a criticism, just a query and observation.  Given that your currently running this mid-late 1980s ... would the high-security fencing have been round the box? Wouldn't it have been more wooden fencing back then?  Or is it that you intend to move to modern day stock and are just using what you've got for the time being?

Looks really good either way!

Rich

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, MarshLane said:

The videos are great Andy ... glad to see you've got things resolved in the respect.  Just one query - this isn't a criticism, just a query and observation.  Given that your currently running this mid-late 1980s ... would the high-security fencing have been round the box? Wouldn't it have been more wooden fencing back then?  Or is it that you intend to move to modern day stock and are just using what you've got for the time being?

Looks really good either way!

Rich

Thanks Rich, Yes / No but not sure, I will be running into late 80's Railfreight etc and I like the Security Fencing, and had a bit left over from the Yard, and will stop little scroats creeping in across the field and causing damage.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks Rich, Yes / No but not sure, I will be running into late 80's Railfreight etc and I like the Security Fencing, and had a bit left over from the Yard, and will stop little scroats creeping in across the field and causing damage.

Will it not also stop the signalman getting to work, or is there a gate that I haven't spotted?!!! :)

Looking fantastic Andy, like others have said the station really looks effective. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KNP said:

Nice set of pictures, whole layout starting to come together.

Thanks Kevin, more Signal wiring today, so no pics of that I'm afraid / thank goodness. haha.

20 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Well, at least there is one properly numbered locomotive!

Mike.

Haha, Mike, If your talking about the 47, well it was mine as a 47, then I sold it to my mate, and he re numbered it, then I bought it back, so now needs a New Body or re numbering again.

• Funny 1

11 minutes ago, MartynJPearson said:

Will it not also stop the signalman getting to work, or is there a gate that I haven't spotted?!!! :)

Looking fantastic Andy, like others have said the station really looks effective. 

There's a foot crossing from the platform to a gate in the Yard, and then a Gate in the corner in the Yard to the Signal Box.

IMG_8653.JPG.f5de492a98e7e0d5c4f73a13e5331560.JPG

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Haha, Mike, If your talking about the 47, well it was mine as a 47, then I sold it to my mate, and he re numbered it, then I bought it back, so now needs a New Body or re numbering again.

Noooo, sell it to someone who appreciates the finer, correct things in life.

The government should list it as a national treasure!

Mike.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

I’ve got a better treasure. Mine’s in the right colour too!!!

My tastes seem to be moving from my latter teenage years to early teenage, before (BR) TOPS.

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Today was a day for doing the electrics on the Scenic boards so it was up ended, again the beauty of having the Layout on a Frame and portable.

IMG_8657.JPG.2b205ea12375edd4bdf87d527b9eb2a9.JPG

And now the completed wiring.

IMG_8658.JPG.0bdf636299a8aa6bbd0507241f2563ba.JPG

The inter board connection.

IMG_8659.JPG.701a7e74ab45a41338999002449bf32d.JPG

The gismo for the Traintronics TT 110 Signal with the Feather.

IMG_8660.JPG.e9d0f46edfc71c6fe450dcaaff2196c0.JPG

An old Hornby controller powers the Points and Signals.

IMG_8661.JPG.b0593eb6ab7413b634327088c68c4357.JPG

And the S & T Engineer is glad today is over, haha.

IMG_8662.JPG.90ab96e700fbb12d7fcc7384f9e0795d.JPG

• Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

11 hours ago, Andrew P said:

There's a foot crossing from the platform to a gate in the Yard, and then a Gate in the corner in the Yard to the Signal Box.

I knew I'd have to try harder to catch you out! :)

Signals are looking good too. Now looking at the underside of my layout with disdain at how neat my wiring isn't, compared to yours!!

• Friendly/supportive 2

33 minutes ago, Allegheny1600 said:

Oops!

I have a feeling that someone has nasty little round burn marks!

Hope you won't do that again, buddy. The layout is looking great though.

Cheers,

John.

29 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Why are you trying to solder your feet?

Lesson learnt shall we say, haha.:yes:

• Friendly/supportive 2

9 minutes ago, MartynJPearson said:

I knew I'd have to try harder to catch you out! :)

Signals are looking good too. Now looking at the underside of my layout with disdain at how neat my wiring isn't, compared to yours!!

Mine used to be really terrible Martyn, now it's just not quite so bad as it was, and at least I understand it,              a bit.:good:

• Agree 1