New Mills (90's Railfreight / Speedlink)

Andrew P

1 hour ago, lezz01 said:

Looks great Andy. It would look even better with some planting around the pond. Polak do really nice reeds 

https://polakscenics.uk/product-category/bushes-reeds-flowers/reeds/

They also do very nice mats with bushes etc. Worth a look mate.

Regards Lez.

Thanks Lez, I'll take a look, I had some nice 4mm bit on Pencarne for the Steam and they looked very good, I also need some 7mm Ducks etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lezz01 said:

Looks great Andy. It would look even better with some planting around the pond. Polak do really nice reeds 

https://polakscenics.uk/product-category/bushes-reeds-flowers/reeds/

They also do very nice mats with bushes etc. Worth a look mate.

Regards Lez.

8 minutes ago, fishytrains said:

The last photo with the 47 and the pond does look good, but definitely needs some planting round the pond to enhance the overall image.

Mike

Haha, Nothing like pressure from you lot, haha give me a day off.:o

Seriously I need to buy some Reeds, Ducks and maybe some Water Lillies, but I don't want to cover it to much and lose the effect.

I've also been busy fitting a Sound Chip to my O Gauge Heljan Class 40,  so hence the slow down on here. See Seven Mills Sidings in the 7mm Section.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

An overgrown pond would look very nice with an old dead tree with a branch drooping in the water....

A few ducks splashing about, perhaps a moorhen and an abandoned farm implement rusty away half in the water..

The ideas are limitless....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KNP said:

An overgrown pond would look very nice with an old dead tree with a branch drooping in the water....

A few ducks splashing about, perhaps a moorhen and an abandoned farm implement rusty away half in the water..

I already have the Hay Cart half buried in the bushes, and meant to photograph it last night, I may cut the bottom off the Wheels for a ''Hay Wain'' type shot.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, KNP said:

Supermarket trolley....gotta keep it modern image. :tomato:

• Funny 4

2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Supermarket trolley....gotta keep it modern image. :tomato:

Sorry mate, this is a posh and well respected neighbourhood, full of posh totty and Landed Gentry.

Even I have to have a Pass just to take photos.:good:

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Sorry mate, this is a posh and well respected neighbourhood, full of posh totty and Landed Gentry.

I must have missed that in your photos Andy!

Rich

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy just caught up with this! Brilliant layout, I must admit I’ve skipped over the last few since Kings Moreton!

but this one captures something. I do like your new idea of photoshopping the shed out before posting on here it’s what drew me in and made me read the whole thread.

Nice work and the pond shots looking up are really good. Something i’m Going to look to use.

Cheers 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, AdeMoore said:

Hi Andy just caught up with this! Brilliant layout, I must admit I’ve skipped over the last few since Kings Moreton!

but this one captures something. I do like your new idea of photoshopping the shed out before posting on here it’s what drew me in and made me read the whole thread.

Nice work and the pond shots looking up are really good. Something i’m Going to look to use.

Cheers 

Cheers Ade, I knew you were working your way through yesterday when I had about 40 likes etc throughout the day, but this morning I switched on to find 78 from you alone.

Your comments, like all those who contribute to my ramblings are always welcome and very much appreciated.:good:

• Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, Brinkly said:

Nice photos Andy. I remember (just) seeing blue class 47s operating in and around plymouth in the late 1980s early 1990s. Thanks for reigniting the memories! 

Cheers,

Nick.

Hi Nick, I think this would have been taken about 1988 at North Road, on a North Bound Passenger Service. I wasn't into the British scene back then so didn't take a lot of interest in it.

It's a photo of an old photograph / pre digital of course.

47455_Plymouth_North_bound_001.JPG.dd92ced5ded3301b6694be17d305f6f0.JPG

• Like 2