New Mills (90's Railfreight / Speedlink)

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

Andy! That cutting is outstanding. The merge between 2D and 3D is as close to perfect as I have seen. The 40 needs dirting up though.

Regards Lez. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

Andy! That cutting is outstanding. The merge between 2D and 3D is as close to perfect as I have seen. The 40 needs dirting up though.

Regards Lez. 

Thanks Lez, The backscene has worked in well on this project.

And yes, I agree about the 40 needing some MUCK thrown at it, bit so does most of my Stock now, so that's another job to go in the book.

I also need to dirty up the 40 over on Seven Mills Sidings now that it's sound fitted, but I'm waiting for the numbers to come for that Big Beast first.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

That black and white photo looks excellent, very realistic. The more I look at this layout, though, the more I want to see something modern appear, a Regional Railways 158, a WYPTE 144, or even a Northern Spirit 156... Is that sacrilege?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDW said:

That black and white photo looks excellent, very realistic. The more I look at this layout, though, the more I want to see something modern appear, a Regional Railways 158, a WYPTE 144, or even a Northern Spirit 156... Is that sacrilege?!

I do fancy a 158, and do a full DCC conversion, I haven't seen a 144 in WYPTE, so may need to have the 158 in that or Northern. I think the Northern Spirit Livery may be a bit to new for on here at the moment, but never say never and watch this space!!!!:good:

• Like 2

All the new pics on here and SMS are from the old Fuji, and I've found a setting I like which is A ? =Aperture I think?  and set at F13.6 the maximum setting for whatever that does. I seem to get good close up with Macro and Super Macro plus a better middle distance as well.

DSCF2317.JPG.0e072e1826ac83d9759c18633a008f0e.JPG

DSCF2298.JPG.620ee08cff47aaabd2ea61a9e056f73f.JPG

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

All the new pics on here and SMS are from the old Fuji, and I've found a setting I like which is A ? =Aperture I think?  and set at F13.6 the maximum setting for whatever that does. I seem to get good close up with Macro and Super Macro plus a better middle distance as well.

Hi Andy,

Yes A is aperture, set to F13.6 it should give you the best possible depth of field, so yes your spot on with that in my opinion.

The latest set of pictures look great, especially the reflection of that Grid - you'd nailed that totally!!!

Rich

Edited by MarshLane
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Andy,

Yes A is aperture, set to F13.6 it should give you the best possible depth of field, so yes your spot on with that in my opinion.

The latest set of pictures look great, especially the reflection of that Grid - you'd nailed that totally!!!

Rich

Thanks Rich, I did the Videos with that as well today, but they don't seem a lot different to the little Canon, so may look at the photo settings on that over the coming days.

• Like 1

Last couple of pics for tonight.

I took the earlier one and added some brightness and adjusted the Contrast and Mid Tones for a more Summery look.

DSCF2317.JPG.9d753067714b773fc7442d4153b94797.JPG

A bit to bright now I think.

Watch out, there's a Shark behind you!:o

DSCF2297.JPG.974d2c68110c560e9c9763d8be35b13b.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
add words
  • Like 18

4 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Rear lamps?

Mike.

Same to you, , :o:laugh: haha.

Yes Mike I know, I do have some and really really really MUST get around to fitting them.

The biggest problem is that on every run, I change stock around, so I need to find a way of fitting them. I am going to try Black Tack, as that would make changing easy, and not leave marks etc.

Cheers for the reminder.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

20 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Same to you, , :o:laugh: haha.

Yes Mike I know, I do have some and really really really MUST get around to fitting them.

The biggest problem is that on every run, I change stock around, so I need to find a way of fitting them. I am going to try Black Tack, as that would make changing easy, and not leave marks etc.

Cheers for the reminder.

Ahhh, that's simple have two identical loco's one with lamp fitted the other not.....

Just need then to remember which one to use?

Lateral thinking there...…!

• Funny 3

And a morning pic to brighten the day. I'm off to George T's on Sunday, so looking forward to that, and may well stop off at Peak Forest where one of these beasts in this Livery is now used to marshal the Wagons.

xDSCF2304.JPG.4165ea22f64213ead58d287a6db65583.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
add words
  • Like 10

• RMweb Premium
On 07/08/2019 at 08:35, Andrew P said:

And a couple of pics for this morning.

DSCF2311.JPG.af50d9730e7ab4c167095dc06de5efb0.JPG

DSCF2312.JPG.975f772040fa70725a879fccab3d3ed4.JPG

Hi Andy

I know you will tell me to go away but I have a slight concern about the horse dray. Your layout is based in the countryside, and I presume the dray is one the farmer has put in the corner for the day he might need it, they appear to be good at that. It isn't a typical farm or village type dray. With the high up seat it is one more likely to be found in a city. A country one wouldn't have the drivers seat. The driver would either be leading the horse by its head collar or if sat on the dray he would have a bit of folded sack as a seat on the flat bed. The high seat on a city dray was so the driver could see around him and other road users could see him indicating which way he was going at a junction with his whip*.

I didn't learn that cos Mrs M has 'orses but from reading books on railways, there is a fantastic book on GWR railway horses I borrowed from the library but have never seen it on railway book stands at shows.

*If the dray was built by BMW it wasn't supplied with a whip.

• Informative/Useful 3

5 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Andy

I know you will tell me to go away but I have a slight concern about the horse dray. Your layout is based in the countryside, and I presume the dray is one the farmer has put in the corner for the day he might need it, they appear to be good at that. It isn't a typical farm or village type dray. With the high up seat it is one more likely to be found in a city. A country one wouldn't have the drivers seat. The driver would either be leading the horse by its head collar or if sat on the dray he would have a bit of folded sack as a seat on the flat bed. The high seat on a city dray was so the driver could see around him and other road users could see him indicating which way he was going at a junction with his whip*.

I didn't learn that cos Mrs M has 'orses but from reading books on railways, there is a fantastic book on GWR railway horses I borrowed from the library but have never seen it on railway book stands at shows.

Don't worry about it Clive he probably got it cheap from a 'charity shop' we all know how much Andy loves shopping in them :laugh::tease:

• Funny 3

15 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Andy

8 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Don't worry about it Clive he probably got it cheap from a 'charity shop' we all know how much Andy loves shopping in them :laugh::tease:

Landed Gentry!:yes:

• Funny 1