New Mills (90's Railfreight / Speedlink)

Andrew P

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I miss read your post, thinking you had been to a garden center and bought some weeds. I know you are not a keen gardener, like me, so they could easily sell both of us weeds not proper plants. :nono:

1 hour ago, chuffinghell said:

I always ask for pre-dead plants, saves time in the long run

I'm always in trouble for pulling up the flowers and watering the weeds, a yellow flower is a yellow flower and if it's come from nature, it must be natural.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, brushman47544 said:

That pond looks much better now, like a pond rather than undrained flooding or surface water. But is it perhaps too busy? If there were animals in the field drinking from it, would the weeds have grown up so much around the edge?

Not sure, I did stop when I'd done some, but then it looked strange as though it wasn't deep enough but I may pull some bits away once dry to see if it looks better or not. At the moment the field is devoid of Cattle so that's o.k.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

That pond looks much better now, like a pond rather than undrained flooding or surface water. But is it perhaps too busy? If there were animals in the field drinking from it, would the weeds have grown up so much around the edge?

I think you were right, I've re done it but with some Cattle Tracks down to the Pond.

DSCF2485.JPG.fe64311eea6aba8b04e5fd612842a136.JPG

DSCF2487.JPG.9734dd03a2c60fbacd8d73a9946f11e9.JPG

DSCF2488.JPG.dfffd9d2e3f485cd84312097121463bd.JPG

DSCF2489.JPG.b8c83c9fbd46c90fc179014d38ded24a.JPG

I think the Dead Trees will come out tomorrow.    Just come out.:good:

Edited by Andrew P
add words
  • Like 18
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

22 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I think you were right, I've re done it but with some Cattle Tracks down to the Pond.

DSCF2485.JPG.fe64311eea6aba8b04e5fd612842a136.JPG

DSCF2487.JPG.9734dd03a2c60fbacd8d73a9946f11e9.JPG

DSCF2488.JPG.dfffd9d2e3f485cd84312097121463bd.JPG

DSCF2489.JPG.b8c83c9fbd46c90fc179014d38ded24a.JPG

I think the Dead Trees will come out tomorrow.

That much better, more natural

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

From what I remember from my youth there would perhaps be one area where there were no plants and that would be very muddy and extend out into the meadow more where cows etc would have been drinking, how much depended on what livestock was kept in the field. There would also be lilies spreading out across the water. 

Regards Lez. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lezz01 said:

From what I remember from my youth there would perhaps be one area where there were no plants and that would be very muddy and extend out into the meadow more where cows etc would have been drinking, how much depended on what livestock was kept in the field. There would also be lilies spreading out across the water. 

Regards Lez. 

Thanks Lez, I want to avoid the Lilies etc as it will spoil the reflections of Trains.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Just to show I'm paying attention. nice rear lamp!!

Mike.

It's the only one so far Mike, but I will find a way of doing some more,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,soon.:good:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

Probably couldn't stand the smell from the diesel so boycotted it.

I see that you also had a 'purple patch'.

Edited by PeterBB
Added further comment.
  • Funny 1

5 hours ago, gismorail said:

Oh Andy like the picture of your Fender guitar did you play that with the 'Silverstones' 

5 hours ago, gismorail said:

Oh it's an advert :angry: Why is this site being spoilt with intrusive media stuff

Not seen that Fender Add but loads of RUBBISH ones, I now click on the don't show again, and then IN APPROPRIATE. 

I don't mind the Train Shop add, you expect them, but for some reason, I'm getting Ambrose Wilson in the top banner which I've never looked at.:angry::devil:

6 hours ago, gismorail said:

Oh it's an advert :angry: Why is this site being spoilt with intrusive media stuff

BTW No, I played Bass with the Silvertones, (note NO ''S'' in the middle), but played Strats with Statergy and the G-Tap Blues Band.:good:

Edited by Andrew P
add an S

Not much time in TOPS today, but I did find 4 Speed Restriction Signs, I couldn't use the 100MPH one, but the other 3 are fine, I also fitted 4 AWS Ramps, but they will be painted tomorrow after a visit to the Solicitors.

DSCF2491.JPG.fcf0564c551e286b548623c75e17cd84.JPG

DSCF2492.JPG.1921f6d9f69624ecdcad11ace1d14883.JPG

DSCF2494.JPG.a735c70f63b463dde55bb16b4e6dbdbb.JPG

DSCF2495.JPG.0f044492abf548c68a2c19bf2a1b6af1.JPG

• Like 15