New Mills (90's Railfreight / Speedlink)

Andrew P

On 15/08/2019 at 08:59, Andrew P said:

I'm off to the South Coast tomorrow for a long weekend and hope to stop off at Didcot and Eastleigh on my way. It will be good to see the changes at both places since my last visit.

Don’t think you’ll find didcot an improvement if you went there in the 90s !

• Agree 1

Still down South after yesterdays wedding, (a couple of pics on Page 85 of SMS for anyone interested), but off to a couple more Model Shops today, Fratton Bargain Shop who I used a lot when I lived down here, and the Portsmouth Model Centre, another Shop I used a lot, but now moved premises and under new ownership I believe.

Anyway, pic from my archives for today.

UDSCF2391.JPG.a0bf38a7cc1067faa14ac10e6f35cd0e.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
add pic
  • Like 14

17 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Don’t think you’ll find didcot an improvement if you went there in the 90s !

I could not believe the amount of Grass over the Tracks, I'll post some pics of that when I'm home, and the pics are downloaded, also I hate all  the post's and wires that really spoil the view down the Tracks now.

I'll call  in again tomorrow to see if there's anything in the yard or any decent Freight movements.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

6 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Not a lot in the yard that isn’t Q ( runs as required ) might be more exciting stuff passing , by more exciting I mean , 66 with containers, 66 with containers , 66 with stone repeat.......

3DB20ED7-3B0B-4914-AA44-5A46314EDFEC.png

1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

That TOC code seems about right.

Regards

I came back this afternoon instead of tomorrow.

BUT there wasn't much worth photographing at Eastleigh this morning either.:man_in_love_mini:

DSCF2606.JPG.8bdf1391642eb37191fa9128bc4048ac.JPG

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

Even a Kettle made an appearance for me, I think it was Mayflower.

It was dragged in backwards from the Docks by the Duff, then went out Chimney first to Portsmouth / Brighton way.

DSCF2566.JPG.cee070aa9bfc4bd1ae779edb2a1ab11f.JPG

DSCF2565.JPG.19d0a2b5ce4c953a08a5d0344592bbbf.JPG

Edited by Andrew P
add?
  • Like 14

2 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Far more interesting than another bl**dy 66, much better bodywork.

Mike.

She knew I was taking photographs, so hitched up her skirt and pulled down the shoulder straps.:good:

Edited by Andrew P
add?
  • Informative/Useful 2

Morning Buddy, As you know l went to Portsmouth a few months ago for a week and visited Eastleigh on four different occasions, never saw anything to get excited about, l well remember the visits we used to have in the late 90s, if your mojo was down a bit it would soon be restored after an hour or so spotting there.

The sad truth is mate there is nothing out there anymore, l stop at Didcot and Bescot on my way back to Manchester, all the same DEAD, even went to Warrington last week same story DEAD...RIP British Rail....

• Agree 2

Your absolutely right George freight wise our rail network is died. What's so wrong with all this global warm stuff that we are being brain washed about on a daily basis the freight should on the railways not on the roads. When I visited Austria and Switzerland in March the freight was none stop especially at night time 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3